Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Enjoys a Challenge?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda sux?

SO my box of engine stuff (junk) came today. And now the work begins... Im going to be swamped with this engine.. Ive got alot of stuff to change out.
    Anybody know where i can get myself a good Merc? 60hp would be great
    Ive even got life jackets the say:
    "mercury, the water calls..." and it does...

Sigh... wish me luck guys...

Comment

all kinds of fun... sorry about the dark pics. I was going to photoshop the lot, but I was feeling lazy.

been thinking about reprofiling the cam, shaving the head, and boring .025 over. I wonder if I could get 70 hp out of this machine without having to run high test fuel.... put that on my 900 pound boat and she'll do close to 50 mph.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by SignWave; 11-26-2007, 01:01 AM.

Comment

what dark pics???? They look great!!!!!!!!!!
        Thanks for the update!!!!!

Comment

I ordered all the gaskets for the engine on thursday. Been busy washing all the goo off of it so i will be ready to rebuild it.

The original block and pan had to be removed. I have another one to replace it. Hence the mess in my shop.

This will be the first outboard ive dismantled. Hope fully the last too.

Im going to be gettin another head for it complete with cam, valves, springs, everything really.

So im thinking.
          reprofile the cam and the valves, mill the head , polish the rods, rejet the carbs, bore it out 25 over, and polish the ports- maybe i can realize another 20 hp from this machine. That would be way cool.

70 hp in the shape of a 50... hehehehehe... the boat would fly.... well maybe not fly but it would plane real well...

Comment

still moving along...

This is my attempt at being a magician... My trick is to turn $hit into gold...

waiting on gaskets..

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.