Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

O.K. what's up with this tig business...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Propulsion View Post
    Look up Propulsion on the Motorsports Board and check out some of the parts that I manufacture and the Certifications that I hold and if you think you still have game then bring it.
    y'know, I dont have a whole lot of experience welding and I dont mind. I dont need to brag about what I can do. I see no point in it because no matter how good I think I might be, theres always, ALWAYS someone who is better.

Im done and I apologize to the other members here who may stumble across this post. I meant no harm.

Comment

SignWave,

I take offense to you insinuating that the pics that I displayed on this board is that of somebody else and not of my own work. I have no interest in entertaining this issue with you anyfurther. My Apologizes to the Board for waisting your time with this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by boldfabrication View Post
        I have seen some of ^^^^ work and it is some of the nicest Ive seen. I would also agree that thicker material is a bit easier to work with.

Here is a pic of a fused weld on a turndown on an exhaust, its .065 wall 316 tubing. The beads are a bit spaced apart but it wont hurt anything thats what happens when you get in a hurry.

Stu
        Boldfabrication,

I am Sorry you got mixed up in this, and I enjoyed your pics, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thank's all.....

Lots of good advice here. I've been mig's & stick'n for so long it's perhaps more of a stubborn resistance thing. Tig'n will be for my own pleasure as I am lucky enough to have two other guys in the shop that can handle the work. But I am going to learn, use all your guys advice and post some results soon. I think I'm going to haul off and get me another tig and practice at home then show up some day at work and hopefully show everyone, "hey what are you guys talking about? I can tig)!

Thanks everyone especially for the inspiration!

Comment

I learned to TIG on an aluminum boat almost thirty years ago. My instruction went like this. Can you weld with a torch? Yes. Ok, this is the torch, this is the rod. Now do it, lol. This guy was originally hired to sweep the shop. Turns out he was school trained on aluminum and alloys. He was and still is the best I ever saw with a TIG. If you can torch weld aluminum then tigging it is easy. The rest of the tig I figured out on my own mostly by reading a lot of books. I never have gotten tig welding pipe down, but that is mostly due to a cratered wrist. I do admire the guys who do it, and a definite trick to walking it.

Comment

HEY BOYS, calm down alittle, I also first thought singwave was "dissing" your welds, but I thought about it and maybe he wasn't.
              Anyway, no reason for anyone to get upset, try my life, it really is good to be alive.
              Great looking welds. A few months ago ,12-30, I would not have thought welds like that were possible by hand. Practice, experience with my synchrowave 350 proved me wrong.

Just my thoughts, I must be getting tired,
              Later guys.
              Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Jolly Roger View Post
                I learned to TIG on an aluminum boat almost thirty years ago. My instruction went like this. Can you weld with a torch? Yes. Ok, this is the torch, this is the rod. Now do it, lol. This guy was originally hired to sweep the shop. Turns out he was school trained on aluminum and alloys. He was and still is the best I ever saw with a TIG. If you can torch weld aluminum then tigging it is easy. The rest of the tig I figured out on my own mostly by reading a lot of books. I never have gotten tig welding pipe down, but that is mostly due to a cratered wrist. I do admire the guys who do it, and a definite trick to walking it.
                How do you weld AL with an O/A torch? how do you deal with oxidation? Isnt more like soldering? Fill me in please....

And im okay. you okay?
                Im still scratching my head..

Here, look a PERFECT cyberspace bead.... :
                (()))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Comment

I bought a Syncrowave 250 DX and haven't tried to tig with it yet, I've got everything to do it, just haven't tried it yet. On light steel it's to easy for me to use my MM210 and anything heavy I stick weld. This winter I plan on installing a roll bar in my Dart and would really like to tig it. One day I'm going to have to give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by SignWave View Post
                    How do you weld AL with an O/A torch? how do you deal with oxidation? Isnt more like soldering? Fill me in please....

And im okay. you okay?
                    Im still scratching my head..

Here, look a PERFECT cyberspace bead.... :
                    (()))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
                    SignWave,

It appears that your statement could have been interpreted in a couple of different ways. If no ill will was ment then I offer my apologizes for the statements that I made.

Comment

apology accepted, lets be freinds and forget the matter. enjoy the weekend

Comment

Thats cool guys

Comment

If only the motorsports board was this civilized.......

Comment

Ive got a GREAT IDEA!!!! lets go kick some motorsport A$$!!! Hahahahahahaha!!!

What was the topic again...?

Comment

Originally posted by SignWave View Post
                              Ive got a GREAT IDEA!!!! lets go kick some motorsport A$$!!! Hahahahahahaha!!!

Your only one click away ....what are you waiting for???

Comment

i broke my mouse finger...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.