Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tig Table Sit Dow Plans any on got a good one

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tig Table Sit Dow Plans any on got a good one

Looking for a good sit down tig table approx 2X4 feet. I have some ideas, post some pics with your tables any size.

Don't put a lower brace across the front so you have room for your feet & the pedal underneath.

Comment

Yep I want a desk type configuration.

Comment

Table

Heres mine, its a 3' by 4' top using 1/4" plate, I would have liked thicker but the price was right. Plenty of room underneath for my feet. Its 34" from the floor the the top, I made the legs adjustable cause my shop floor is badly out of level. The box tubing is 1- 1/2" .095. I can take measurements in detail if you like. I tiggd the whole thing, figured it would be good practice since I was just learning...it was definitely! Mike
        Attached Files

Comment

Now thats a nice table.

Has anyone tried the table Northen Tool sells?

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...2949_200342949

For Tig in a small shop, I like the looks of it. Folds up, and can be used in different positions. I'd like to get one but the stores don't carry it so that means paying for it before you see it.

Just wondering if it's worth the price.

Comment

Mine isn't done yet. Of course my stuff always waits till last, paying customers come first in this business. It won't be anything fancy just a functional table, I'm thinking of salvaging a table that's been given to me and updating it a bit with a new top and a coat of fresh paint.

Comment

Palongee

That is a really nice table that is very close to what I had in mind.

Comment

bench

hey,
                Here is a picture of my bench if you want a close up let me know Hope this helps you or maybe just a good ideal. Vernon
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice...

Nice Table Vernon! Big AZZ... I like it. Hey how does that little blast cabinet work? Ive been thinking about getting one for little parts here and there..
                  Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Vernon View Post
                    hey,
                    Here is a picture of my bench if you want a close up let me know Hope this helps you or maybe just a good ideal. Vernon
                    I like the table. only one problem that I would have with it i need to have room to walk all the way around.

Comment

Nice Table Palongee

I would like to duplicate your design and make a similar table for my shop. I too, am just learning to TIG and need a sit down place to weld. You did a beautiful job from what I can see..... (I have the same floor problem, nothing level)

I do have a couple of questions. How did you attach the top, and just out of curiosity, why did you make it 34" tall?

thanks for sharing,

mike

Comment

thanks

Thanks for the comments! The table has worked out very nicely. I would have like to have drilled and bolted the top on but I opted to weld it, I made probably a dozen small welds on the underside here and there, I did make small welds with the thought of removing it down the road if I ever needed to. I had a nice stool and 34" to the top is what I came up with that would be a comfortable and usable height. The top was already cut, so I built the table around the piece that I found. Im still lacking a torch holder, ill get to that eventually. Heres a pic of my big table, its been really handy as well. If you would like measurements, ill hook you up! Thanks. Mike
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by m.k.swelding View Post
                          I like the table. only one problem that I would have with it i need to have room to walk all the way around.
                          Could be out in the middle of floor just don't have alot of room in my small shop.
                          Vernon

Comment

Nice...... thanks for sharing

mike

Comment

That is very nice. I need to find myself a good table. I'm gona have to have an outside table for stick also.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.