Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats The Deal!?!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats The Deal!?!

How come in the last four days or so,two seperate threads have have been posted and the content is filled with links to stuff that doesn't have anything to do with welding or fabrication?

One of the posts was all in spanish and the other is from a "flag waving American"

I dont get it. Im not from the US, but I dont ever recall any American buddy of mine refering to himself as such...
    Is this commonplace here?

Hope everyone is having a good day so far.... for a monday that is...

Id love to get out from behind my desk....

Those are spam posts made by some bottom feeding scum bucket somewhere that is trying to entice people to come to a particular site(s) he is promoting. Do not respond to them. You can report those type posts by clicking the red ! in the upper right corner of the window. The mods will remove them.

Comment

I saw them too and its not to common, but once in awhile people post junk. I just ignore. Most of the time noone will reply to them. I'm sure the admin will remove if they think its not good

Comment

Originally posted by Jim-TX View Post
        Those are spam posts made by some bottom feeding scum bucket somewhere that is trying to entice people to come to a particular site(s) he is promoting. Do not respond to them. You can report those type posts by clicking the red ! in the upper right corner of the window. The mods will remove them.

Jim, You are being too kind describing them but I guess we must follow posting rules

The mods do a good job at removing them. You are right, they get you to come to their site so they can put cookies on your computer and thus, you get more spam and they try to steal personal information by doing this.

Comment

Sorry guys i didn't realize there were "hidden" links for p o r n under the colored letters. It was deleted. Thanks to those who reported it...Bob

Comment

Most of us are 'flag waving americans', but feel there is no need to advertise it. Most of the ones who do that are kooks and nutcases. I do have an american flag on my website and do support the troops, but I used to be one, so ya know how it goes. Before anyone asks, the website has nothing to do with welding. I just like the domain name for my email addy. Wow, that reminds me I should go see if it even works anymore, lol.

Comment

Let'er fly!

Unfortunately we have several new breeds of Americans if you care to call them Americans? I still do, some don't and I guess it just depends on which side of the issues you are in tune with. In any event I assume most of us here are what we call in America "Blue Collar workers", "Heart-landers" and even "Red Necks". I'm proud to be in this group. My family is from Scotland and I was born there and came to America when I was just 2 years old. In Scotland there is unity and pride that is perhaps second to none. Over the last 40 years in America I have seen to much division by progressive groups that seem to be trying to form a new America in a non-tradition, secular and social way that is tearing at the fabric of that very flag. I love America and I know everyone here does as well. I am a flag waving, Blue Collar, American Red Neck and darn proud of it!!!!!!!

Comment

Sorry cant resist... but do you get a red neck from wearing a blue collar???
                Hahahahahaha!!! Sorry.. it struck me as funny. whether your american or canadian, suffice it to say that we, WE as in all north americans live on the best chunk of land in the world.... , but if i had a chioce to go elswere I'd choose Australia. bugs and creepy crawlys or not. its a pretty cool place too.

Comment

"RedNeck"

I think the word "Red-Neck" can be interpreted in many variations. My interpretation is a down to earth person who puts family, friends and traditional American values up front as his/her # 1 priority.

Anyway, that's the way I see it..

TacMig

Comment

The Missus thinks I'im a redneck... I think I must agree.

Comment

Origin of the red neck

A red neck comes to be when you have someone welding close behind you and the blue collar of you coveralls doesn't come up high enough!

Comment

alternate forms of SPAM

here we go again....

Comment

redneck

you know your a redneck when...............................ha ha ha ha too funny.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.