No announcement yet.

Hammer Drill Recommendation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didnt know that about the Hilti headaches..
    It really pisses me off how disposable our society has become.
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

Comment

Way it was explained to me was that those guns were all outsourced. The oldest was made by AEG and the other two were made by Metabo, all to Hilti specs. This was said to be the reason for the parts drought. I had a TE72 that was very old. It never needed any parts ever, so I don't know how it would have been. Someone decided they needed it worse than I did.

Never had a problem with the DX guns. I have had DX35's, 350's and still have a 36M...never an issue with them esp since they are still very abundant in the markets. We even helped field test the DX37's and 72's.
      Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
      '06 12RC feeder
      Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
      Esab Multimaster 260
      Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

I have a bosch bulldog. Don't know the part number. I don't expect to get more than 5 years out of any tool I buy, and if it breaks or wears out after that I just get a new one and depreciate it off my taxes. I run my gas drive welders 5 years and then replace them. If they aren't worn out they will be getting there soon, and I would rather spend my money on tools and machinery than hand it to uncle. I do have two rockwell grinders I inherited from my dad when he retired from welding (both over 35 years old, and as long as I can get switches and brushes I will use them) I have others for the other guys to use, heheh. I gave 300 for my chopsaw a year ago and if it cratered tomorrow I wouldn't cry it's saved me so much money. I don't remember for sure but I think it has a lifetime warranty. In hammer drills it's either the hilti or the bulldog, anything else is a waste of time. I do have a hitachi and a 1/2 inch bosch, but they are for drilling brick and cinder block. Concrete gets the bulldog.
        Lincoln: Eagle 10,000, Weld-Pak HD, Weld-Pak 155, AC-225, LN-25 wirefeeder
        Miller: Syncrowave 250DX Tigrunner
        Westinghouse: 400+ amp AC
        ThermalArc Handy wirefeeder
        1 Harris, 3 Victor O/A rigs
        Arcair gouger
        Too many other power toys to list.

Do it right, do it once. And in all things ya get what ya pay for.

Comment

Working...
        X