Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

buck's stuff.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buck's stuff.

Hello people I just wanted to share some of my projects with you.
    I'm 27 years old, I have worked mechanic since high school but tinkered on old cars with my older brother since I was around 13. My experience in automotive lead me into welding. I decided to become certified and I am soon to become a boiler tube welder. Right now I'm practicing for the #41cert; stainless, 2.5" TIG test. The picture above is my root pass, I can free-hand or walk the cup.

In the evenings I have been building myself a new smoker-grill.

Here is my old grill in need of replacing.... It has served me well for a few years now but its about done

I'm going to keep the progress of my smoker grill updated this weekend and I hope to get lots more done. I need to make the racks and exhaust/intake then legs and a special secret I wont reveal until the end.
    Last edited by CarbedNotch; 10-30-2009, 06:42 PM.

This grill should work out better in the rain!!

SO my question about you (and forgive me if I asked in the past) is this...Do you have a Mustang? Like a Fox body?
    Congrats on your career choice too

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
      SO my question about you (and forgive me if I asked in the past) is this...Do you have a Mustang? Like a Fox body?
      Congrats on your career choice too
      Yes I have a mustang. These pix are from when I had my shop a few years back.
      The red coupe was a 1990 four cylinder now has a 418cid with c4 trans.

Built this one at the same time, 5.0, 5spd from a former 1986 six cylinder automatic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMzTkkjKpI
      Last edited by CarbedNotch; 11-01-2009, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Mustang 5speed

Fully re-built:
        Last edited by CarbedNotch; 10-31-2009, 05:42 PM.

Comment

I also worked at Blue Oval Corral and I was always slammed with modified mustangs.
          Last edited by CarbedNotch; 11-01-2009, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Nice cars, I have a 1989 GT Hatch that is sitting in the garage completely stripped to the shell waiting for paint, but that has taken a back burner to me getting my welding business going.

-Dan

Comment

Originally posted by engnerdan View Post
              Nice cars, I have a 1989 GT Hatch that is sitting in the garage completely stripped to the shell waiting for paint, but that has taken a back burner to me getting my welding business going.

-Dan
              Put it together forget the paint. Enjoy the car. Ihave friends who have been building the same car for over 4 years because they want to turn a mustang into a cadillac. I built 2 cars completely in 1 year while working 40+ hrs a week. And they both woop my other friends which have nicer paint jobs.

Comment

update pix of grill

I'm going to modify this hand truck I got today to make the grill mobile somewhat like a loaded wheelbarrow.:

Today I also made the main rack. It turned out so good. Here I was fitting it up.:

The rack fits perfectly!!:

Tomorrow ill put on the expanded metal...:

I plan to have 2 racks in the smoke box and 2 racks in the firebox.
                Attached Files

Comment

nice Idea but its not no texas grill.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.