Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firewall Project

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firewall Project

I'm ready to rebuild the firewall. I cut the flanges out today for the intercooler tubes to pass through the firewall. I'll turn them down on the lathe & weld them in place & shape the sheet metal around them.

Those are nice parts...Bob

Comment

looking good keep the pics coming
      gary...

Comment

Thanks glh. Got the flanges turned this weekend.

I put a groove around the edge of the flange for the firewall sheet metal. Once I install the o-ring and get in place I'll check the new gap with a feeler gauge and make a soft gasket to seal the flange to the firewall

Comment

Engine side of the flange bored to size for the tubes.

Got everything mocked up. The flanges on the windshield will be added to the inlet side. I'll turn those once I get the V-band clamp. Should be here any day. The outlet side attaches to the carb bonnet with hose & clamp.

Comment

Made a little more progress. I put the ol' foam mock up engine in it to make sure I get the angles right before I do any welding.

Comment

I've been runnin' the lathe off & on the last few days & got the V-Band clamp flanges done.

Assembled and ready to TIG together

one more check to make sure everything fits like it should.

Comment

Just a quick question for you. The lathe in the pictures wouldn't happen to be an older Hendey would it?

Comment

Nope, it's a Southbend.

Comment

that looks like it could be better than stock

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.