Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saws-All Cutting Jig ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saws-All Cutting Jig ?

guys, i dont have money for a band saw, and was thinking about making some sort of fixture to where i could use my saws-all, and make the fixture have angle adjustments, like on a band saw table.
    i was curious if any of you built anything like this, to give me some ideas.

thanks much.

Good Luck- I would bet the Blade will flop around too much for any precision.

Might as well just scribe the Line and free hand it.

Comment

i was thinking of some sort of carbide blade guide...
      just thinking out loud.

Comment

You would be better off with a portable band saw. They are reasonably priced and you will get a much better cut with one of those. They are also easy to fixture in a jig like you are planning with your sawzall.

Comment

yea I think theyre like 60 bucks at harbor freight... I have one and it works great. Im not running it all day every day but have taken on several projects with it and never had a problem.

Comment

Grizzly sells one that has a stand that converts it into a horizontal. At least they did 4 years ago after I made a vise table and pivot for my HF portaband.

Comment

Originally posted by nocheepgas View Post
              You would be better off with a portable band saw. They are reasonably priced and you will get a much better cut with one of those. They are also easy to fixture in a jig like you are planning with your sawzall.
              cool, thanks guys. i will look into one of those.
              thanks much.

Comment

this is what I use, mostly for Aluminum angle cuts. So far it works great and gives me very nice cuts. The rage3, but they have a cheaper version as well now.

http://www.evolutiononlineshop.com/index.cfm
                Last edited by Hundguy; 10-03-2009, 01:13 AM.

Comment

I have the band saw but have been moving over to a 4 1/2" grinder with a cutoff disk in it. Also bought a Chinese die grinder off internet for .99 cents + $18 shipping...HA! Use a cut off wheel in it. Kind of like a super dremel tool. I had two Sears die grinders before that and this is far superior.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.