Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

lift gone wrong

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lift gone wrong

I caught these pics on my commute a few years back. Not really sure what was going on to cause the tippage. The project was an overpass on hwy 26 at the Sylvan exit in Portland, OR. These guys were having a BAD DAY!

Last edited by Johnny; 09-21-2009, 11:02 AM.

That is a pretty big oops!!!

Comment

In the third pic I think they just need a little more air in the tire & all will be good.

Comment

The left rear rim may be a wee bit square as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
          Not really sure what was going on to cause the tippage.
          Have you ever seen the little signs that say:

"A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part"

In this case, a failure to plan for contingency was a success in discrediting little signs.

Comment

Cna you say STRESS!

It would be interesting to have electrodes hooked up to the people involved just to measure up the vitals and gauge their stress levels.Guaranteed off the scale,Frank

Comment

Hopefully nobody was killed or injured in this mishap.

Comment

i wonder who has to come good for that

Comment

I'm pretty sure that was NHRA's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodybagger View Post
                    Have you ever seen the little signs that say:

"A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part"

In this case, a failure to plan for contingency was a success in discrediting little signs.
                    I just coin my own...

In case of stairs
                    use elevator

The heart rate and blood pressure of the guy operating the forklift was OFF THE CHARTS to be sure.

Comment

A year or so back we had the same sort of thing happen down at Nassco. They we delivering an engine and the bogies it was sitting on decided to get out from under the load when the operator made to sharp of a turn due to being push to "get the job done" They had Harbor Dr tied up for the better part of a day

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.