Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

antithief projects

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what keeps it from spinning

Comment

Nice work Arthur,

It looks like it should work good, so long as the two ears cant be forced from behind the machine surface of the rotor.

This is just a thought and it sounds like you have other methods for security in the works. But I have seen the cycle carriers that fit in a receiver hitch that you pick up the front wheel and strap it on and drive away. Since I have no clue how the trans is set up I don't know if this is something to be worried about.

Comment

antithief projects

Originally posted by glh View Post
        what keeps it from spinning
        http://img29.imageshack.us/i/dscf6015.jpg/

OK? What you think?

Comment

tom37
          This skooter is 120kg. No problem put on the truck.
          Thank You!

Comment

I think you've done a good job. I have one of the "U-Bolt" type locks for my Harley and it saved me from it being stolen once. The lock on a Harley is a joke. One good rap with a hammer and it breaks off. That's why I always lock my front wheel. When I was going to Daytona, groups of thieves traveled around in pickups and lifted any bike they wanted to steal into the bed and were off. Didn't make much difference how you had it locked. We countered this by connecting several bikes together with aircraft tiedown cable and a big lock. Thieves are always looking for the easy target and your solution should deter any but the most serious.

Comment

now thats cool
              if you dont know its there you would never find it and even if so would be hard to get cutters to it
              nice job

Comment

I wouldn't want to have to carry the motorcycle one around with me but I see much promise on the 4wd design. Nice work on both.

Comment

These are all well and good, though again won't stop a fellow with a tow truck.
                  Other than the basic starter kills, the only sure fire way of finding out quickly where your rig is with a GPS.

Comment

antithief projects

How complicate(max) job for a fellow with a tow truck?
                    Have idea?

Comment

If a guy really wanted to steal the 4x4 it wouldn't take much effort to remove the castle nut from the steering linkage and slide the lock off of the pittman arm.

Comment

It's not a Harley so you don't really need a lock anyway.

Nice work though..I still think the best anti theft device is a good alarm system for a bike. That way they can't just pick it up and walk off with it.

Comment

Originally posted by purplewg View Post
                          I still think the best anti theft device is a good alarm system for a bike. .
                          I prefer a Pit Bull with AIDS chained to it!

Comment

Originally posted by nocheepgas View Post
                            I prefer a Pit Bull with AIDS chained to it!
                            Sure ...... and have some meathead throw him a chunk of hamburger with rat poison in it ......They DO mean things like that, ya know ...

Personally, I think the best protection for bike, car, truck, or hoome is a nice .357 Magnum with hollowpoint or Glaser rounds. Either that, or a double-barrelled shotgun. Anyone lays a hand on your ride, you punch his ticket right there .....

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.