Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buddy's Grill Project

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddy's Grill Project

Getting into custom building pits

Last edited by garrettdurio; 09-20-2009, 06:46 AM.

Nice job looks good

Comment

Buddy's Grill

Comment

Buddy's Grill

Comment

Buddy's Grill

Comment

Buddy's Grill

Finnished Product

Last edited by garrettdurio; 09-20-2009, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Nice job. What's this?:

Comment

Nice work garrettdurio,

I'm gonna make a guess that the flange is most likely an air control.

OK, I see the ash tray and it makes complete sense. But, to load the fire, the cook crate is going to have to be removed......right?

All of my cookers are log burners plus charcoal to help out. I have always wanted to build a sort of funnel right to the center of the fire pit. To make it really simple to add charcoal. With my fireboxes that are made from pipe, it is sometimes difficult to add the charcoal.

This is a little hard to see but it is the air control on my fire door. I used an old air fitting, the female side since it has a nice swivel effect when you crank it. Now the funny part is that there has not been one person that walks by that doesn't say, Hey whats the air fitting for?

My regular response is ( well if its a calm day and I cant get a draft, I just hook the compressor up to it. )

But the reality of it is, the air fitting is very nice if you are opening or closing very far. It does get warm, but thats what beer and gloves are for arnt they?
                Attached Files

Comment

thanks it is made for grilling that is why the coal grate is higher than the tray
                  Originally posted by tom37 View Post
                  Nice work garrettdurio,

I'm gonna make a guess that the flange is most likely an air control.

OK, I see the ash tray and it makes complete sense. But, to load the fire, the cook crate is going to have to be removed......right?

All of my cookers are log burners plus charcoal to help out. I have always wanted to build a sort of funnel right to the center of the fire pit. To make it really simple to add charcoal. With my fireboxes that are made from pipe, it is sometimes difficult to add the charcoal.

This is a little hard to see but it is the air control on my fire door. I used an old air fitting, the female side since it has a nice swivel effect when you crank it. Now the funny part is that there has not been one person that walks by that doesn't say, Hey whats the air fitting for?

My regular response is ( well if its a calm day and I cant get a draft, I just hook the compressor up to it. )

But the reality of it is, the air fitting is very nice if you are opening or closing very far. It does get warm, but thats what beer and gloves are for arnt they?

Comment

thanks air intake control

Originally posted by spotsineyes View Post
                    Nice job. What's this?:

Comment

Cost

Tatal cost of grill is $350

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.