Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Truck Skid

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Truck Skid

    I figured I would post some photos of my skid. Next project is to repaint the welder black. Positive and negative comments welcome...
    Attached Files

  • #2
    looks good did you build those reels yourself? im really tired of rolling mine up all the time by hand.

    Comment


    • #3
      nice build. nice and compact.
      i called about a price on a skid from ACE manufacturing two months ago and still haven't got one. ( so i won't be buying from them)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by vin-man welding View Post
        nice build. nice and compact.
        i called about a price on a skid from ACE manufacturing two months ago and still haven't got one. ( so i won't be buying from them)
        Wow.... That is not like them. Fire a PM over to CWagner on here - Clay is a Product Co-ordinator (or something) at ACE, and I am sure he will take care of it for you.

        Mr Dowdy - Very nice skid. Clean, Compact, and Simple. 10/10.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by vin-man welding View Post
          nice build. nice and compact.
          i called about a price on a skid from ACE manufacturing two months ago and still haven't got one. ( so i won't be buying from them)
          I'll send you a pm with my email address, send me an email at your earliest convenience and let me know what you have for a truck, a welder and any options in specific that you are looking for. I'll try to get you a price by the next business day. I'm not sure who you spoke with but my best guess is it got lost in the shuffle, my apologies.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BryanDowdy View Post
            I figured I would post some photos of my skid. Next project is to repaint the welder black. Positive and negative comments welcome...
            Why do you want to paint the welder black? It looks pretty good, di you slope the oxygen bottle because of space requirements? Nice job on the reels as well!

            Comment


            • #7
              Very nice! I like the bottle racks. Hard to tell how balanced it would be hanigng on a hook, does it stay level when you lift it up?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by strictlycarved View Post
                looks good did you build those reels yourself? im really tired of rolling mine up all the time by hand.
                Yes I built them. They are the second set I have made. The first set used trailer hubs and the current set I used sealed bearing.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by c wagner View Post
                  Why do you want to paint the welder black? It looks pretty good, di you slope the oxygen bottle because of space requirements? Nice job on the reels as well!
                  I just want something that will go with the truck better than blue.

                  I sloped it so the whole skid would be around the same height. I did not want anything sticking up taller than the cab either.

                  Thanks

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Desertrider33 View Post
                    Very nice! I like the bottle racks. Hard to tell how balanced it would be hanigng on a hook, does it stay level when you lift it up?
                    The sq tubing going around the welder with a hook on top is where I pick it up. The placement of the hook is dead center for balance. The sq tubing is part of the skid, so the welder frame does not have to hold any weight.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BryanDowdy View Post
                      I just want something that will go with the truck better than blue.

                      I sloped it so the whole skid would be around the same height. I did not want anything sticking up taller than the cab either.

                      Thanks
                      Painting the welder will likely kill the resale value of the machine, but if that is not a concern the have at it.

                      Now I understand about the oxygen bottle, I was thinking about it being laid completely down as opposed to standing straight up. I agree, I don't like having the valve on the oxygen bottle as the highest thing on the truck either.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by c wagner View Post
                        Painting the welder will likely kill the resale value of the machine, but if that is not a concern the have at it.

                        Now I understand about the oxygen bottle, I was thinking about it being laid completely down as opposed to standing straight up. I agree, I don't like having the valve on the oxygen bottle as the highest thing on the truck either.
                        Yeah. It will prob never be sold, it will just get moved to the older rig.

                        The bottle is also sloped to clear the tailgate.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BryanDowdy View Post
                          I just want something that will go with the truck better than blue.
                          You know they sell red welders right. All tho I prefer stainless myself. Your skid looks nice. What kind of work do you do?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Rig Hand View Post
                            You know they sell red welders right. All tho I prefer stainless myself. Your skid looks nice. What kind of work do you do?
                            Haha I'll keep that in mind.

                            I do everything from heavy equipment repairs (Farmers, Construction business, etc) to steel building to fencing. Pretty much anything people call for. I don't do any oil field or pipeline, if I did I would not have a bobcat. I did think about going in to oil field, but it has slowed down so much here I just kept doing my own deal.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Duh

                              My bad. I just now realized you have a website that probably would tell me would kind of work you do.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.