Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maxstar 150 Question

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxstar 150 Question

Is the Maxstar 150 STH worth the extra money over the STL? It seems the only differences are the HF start and the pulse features. I realize the pulse is better on thinner material, but I was not sure if it was worth such a difference in the price. Please let me know your opinions.
    Thanks,
    Nick

MaxStar 150 STH

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
    Is the Maxstar 150 STH worth the extra money over the STL? It seems the only differences are the HF start and the pulse features. I realize the pulse is better on thinner material, but I was not sure if it was worth such a difference in the price. Please let me know your opinions.
    Thanks,
    Nick
    Well Nick, like everything else, "it's only $300 extra." If you can afford it, go for it.

Dave

Comment

Dave,
      Thanks for the reply. It wasn't the additional $300 but it was more will I use the HF start it or would the lift arc be adequate. Anyway, I followed your advice and purchased a Maxstar 150 STH. I think the feature I like the most is how compact the welder is. Thanks for your help.
      Nick

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.