No announcement yet.

Fire place blowers

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire place blowers

I am looking for a fire place blower any Ideas? also where can I find a fire place glass?

What kind of fireplace ......wood or gas. I built metal doors for a custom fireplace I had in another home. I used pyrex but should have used tempered glass. It would have been more expensive though and I would have to wait. They have to cut the glass and send it away to be tempered.
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table
    Vist my site:
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Fire place blowers are available on e-bay, grainger, and we even have a farm store here that carries them on the shelf. You'll pay approx $40.00-??? per blower, you may see a sale slide by on ebay for less, just be sure to check its output (CFM's). As far as tempered glass, when I was growing up in my parents house, every year we would break a piece in the fire place and would just go to the glass shop and they would cut us a new one on the spot or at least that is how I remember it. your local glass shop may have some typical thicknesses, but if you need an odd ball size/thickness...what ever that is... or want it in the shape of a unicorn you may have to wait or special order it.

good luck
      Kirk W.
      Weld Engineer
      Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Fire place glass

I built a fire pit 30 " wideX 24" deepX26 " high and it has door and sides with expanded metal it sure burns the wood quick so I need to enclose the sides maybe even the door to slow down burn time
        Thanks for your help