No announcement yet.

Introduction and question

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction and question

Just joined the miller welding forum after lurking for awhile, and now I have a couple of questions.

I am in the process of making a small 8" wide capacity press brake, similar to the one illustrated. Instead of using a V block for the bottom die, I am using two pieces of 1 1/4" CRS, and a piece of 1/2" x 2" CRS for the blade. (I intend to mill an 85 degree included angle on the blade to allow for spring back)

My question is how far apart do I weld the two pieces of 1 1/4" and, do you think the 1/2" material is sufficient for the top blade or should I use a piece of 3/4" material? My objective is to be able to bend a maximum of 1/4" material...

thanks in advance for any replies,

Attached Files

Usually a 2" open bottom die is for 1/4" plate. I would go for a thicker top punch too but thats just me...Bob
    Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.

Here's mine

I used 1/2x 2 1/2" HRS for the press bar and have not had issues with it. My blocks are about 1 1/2" apart - if anything they could be further apart.

Thanks Bob, Eddy. Appreciate the reply's and pics. Its in the making, now.....