More train bridge orders.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More train bridge orders.

Things must be getting better i just got an order for 3 more O scale ceiling train bridge layouts. I never thought i would use up the first 5,000' of 3/8 sq tube and i just ordered another 5,000'. So in a few days it will be weld away. The bridge's prob will have 12,000 tacks and a few thousand parts on them...Bob
    Attached Files
    Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Great looking work! Engineering and fabrication in miniature sure must be a pleasure compared with sweating the elements to build them life-sized outdoors. Tho' I didn't see where, there must be bolt-together points on those sections. Are they modular or is every one a one-off custom design?
    Miller XMT-350 CC/CV
    Miller S-22A wirefeeder
    Bernard 400A "Q" gun
    Miller 30-A Spoolmatic w/WC-24
    CK 210 & WP-18 GTAW torches
    Hypertherm Powermax 30
    O/A Rig, Enco 4x6 bandsaw, etc.

Comment

The curves are for 72" track and they are all the same. The straights can be made any length up to 5' thats the longest jig i have. It took me about a year to design, engineer and make all the fixtures required to make all the parts fit right because there is no tweeking anything after its welded. All the parts have been perfect for the last 9 years...Bob
      Bob Wright

Comment

That is some very nice work. I've always been a fan a model trains.
        Dynasty 200DX "Blue Lightning"
        Bernard 3500ss water-cooler
        Rockwell vertical mill
        Beverly Shear B-3
        Beverly Shear JR
        Home-made English wheel
        Milwaukee Porta-band
        " Sawz-all
        Tennsmith 36" stomp shear
        Fixer upper 1968 Redface Lincoln sa200
        Powcon 300st

Comment

thats neat!
          78' Miller AEAD-200LE
          08' Miller Matic 180 Autoset.

Comment

Bob:
            Have you ever built an HO scale version? I have an old set that is peculiar, its a Bicentenniel freedom train and I would love to do a hanging setup in my bar room.

Any assistance or ideas?

Peace,
            Paul

Comment

Keep us posted as it progresses Bob. Patience shows in a project like that. Congrats on the latest orders.
              252 Miller Mig
              180 Synchrowave
              R - 45 Milling Machine
              Kingston 1100 Lathe
              Miller 2050 Plasma Cutter

Comment

That's awesome... My son 2 1/2 would go nuts over that... All he thinks about is trains.... I usually take him down to the tracks by our house to look at them... One day someone called the cops on me thinking I was going to throw him into the train... Must of been the welding coveralls i had on...

Comment

Bob, are you big into the trains themselves as well. The reason I ask is that I have a 50's era Lionel O gauge that I just reassembled for my son to play with. We got it together up on the kitchen island and the first turn in the track was too sharp for the speed I was going and I rolled it off the track and onto the floor. The body of the steamer survived well but the reversing solenoid broke one of the teeth off the ratcheting gear. Would you know where to get one of the gears, or assemblys?

Thanks

Comment

Try here for your repairs. http://train-station.com/Pages/repair.html
                    There was a shop by me that had everything in Lionel parts but he retired and the building is empty. I have always had trains and my dad had a Lionel and i always wanted to run it up high because it took up so much room. Now i can build a bridge for myself sometime...Bob
                    Bob Wright

Comment

Highly impressive work. Being a model train enthusiast myself (read: micro-ferroequinologist), I can definitely appreciate the time and effort put into those trestles. I'm looking at doing something like that in HO scale, although I do have a shelf going around the top of my room over the doorjambs already .....

Comment

thats cool I like that

Comment

Well i am knee deep in welded bridge parts. Buckets of cut tubing and lots of welding going on. I have been welding the curves for a few days making up a few extra sets for stock. About 160 tacks on each section and 25 sections made...Bob
                          Attached Files
                          Bob Wright

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
                            Well i am knee deep in welded bridge parts. Buckets of cut tubing and lots of welding going on. I have been welding the curves for a few days making up a few extra sets for stock. About 160 tacks on each section and 25 sections made...Bob
                            Nice work, you ready to change gears and bore some more?
                            Miller 350P
                            Miller Econotig
                            Milwaukee Dry saw
                            Evolution Dry saw (for sale)
                            Scotchman 350 cold saw
                            7x12 bandsaw
                            1910 ATW 14 x 72 lathe
                            fridge full of adult beverages
                            Sirius radio

www.snpequipment.com
                            callouses and burns a plentysigpic

Comment

Yup moved my saw next to my lathe and i am doing both boring and cutting parts...Bob
                              Bob Wright

Comment

Working...
                              X