Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see your tig carts!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets see your tig carts!

I'm looking for ideas because I'm going to build one for my be Dynasty200 and coolmate 1. I wanted to see what you guys (the experts) have come up with and make my own design. I like the one miller makes but I wanted something that is a bit thinner i.e. tank in the rear as space in my garage is tight. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Mark

No takers huh? Oh well I'll post mine up when I finish it

Comment

The first thing anyone should do who comes here with a question is this:

Use the search engine, that's what it's there for.

There are hundreds of examples of 'shelves on wheels', ie-tig carts.
      Also check here:

http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtalk/

--dseman

Comment

Do a search for "dynasty cart" there is a thread with many pages and many pictures. I am actually trying to come up with something I like for my mobile welding I do that does not cost $300+ like the 2 miller carts that work for the dynasty.

-Dan

Comment

Hi UL60LCHIEF,

I am guessing from your user name, that you are somehow involved with the Blackhawk helicopter.

I had a really bad day at work about 33 yers ago ane took the next day as vacation. On my day off I went to the Navy Recruiting Center at 401 North Broad Street in Philadelphia.

Talked to a recruiter about enlisting as a Navy pilot. Took all the tests and passed but my eyes were 20/30 so I didn't make it.

So I went to a local nasty bar and drowned my sorrows.

Then many years later, I heard that I could possibly sign up as a warrant officer in the Army and fly helicopters.

By then I was too old and flabby to serve so I kept my day job and dreamed.

Sorry for the life story - I have a Dynasty 350 and am working on a cart for it as well as the cooler that I have for it.

I plan to make it using 1 1/4" square stainless tubing as I have some left over from a sign project. Handles will be 1 1/4" diameter round stainless tubing.

Why stainless? - most likely because I can't paint to save my life and I always get fisheyes and runs.

Anyway, I will post photos as I get them.

Comment

Here's mine

Left over 1" square tubing and diamond plate. Some all terrain tires and a bunch of time later.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by UH60LCHIEF View Post
              I'm looking for ideas because I'm going to build one for my be Dynasty200 and coolmate 1. I wanted to see what you guys (the experts) have come up with and make my own design. I like the one miller makes but I wanted something that is a bit thinner i.e. tank in the rear as space in my garage is tight. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Mark
              I am building a cart for my Dynasty and am almost finished so I am not changing now ,But one of the coolest carts I have seen comes from ESAB. I wish I would have seen the ESAB design before I started mine,The design is similiar to a hand truck or dolly with the tig unit and cooler riding over the left side tire on a platform and the bottle riding to the back to the right side,Sorry dont have a link.Mike

Comment

Originally posted by dseman View Post
                The first thing anyone should do who comes here with a question is this:

Use the search engine, that's what it's there for.

There are hundreds of examples of 'shelves on wheels', ie-tig carts.
                Also check here:

http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtalk/

--dseman
                I did the search under dynasty 200 cart, and tig cart, but I got like 20 pages of unrelated junk.

Comment

Originally posted by pcwelder View Post
                  Left over 1" square tubing and diamond plate. Some all terrain tires and a bunch of time later.
                  Thanks, that's what I was interested in. Mine will be in my home garage so I will have to shrink that idea down a bit, but that's exactly what I'm thinking of. A cart that stacks that machines with the bottle in the back and has places to store all of the cables, pedal torch lines and rod. My goal is to be able to roll it out, uncoil the wires get to work and pack it up and roll it right back when I'm done.

Comment

Nice carts !

Comment

I fabricated this one out of .065 tube.
                      Attached Files

Comment

My Version

Follow the following link & look for post #9. It has a couple of (not great) pics of the one I built. It has worked out well for me. One item I neglected to install was a handle--works OK without, but probably better with.

Jerry in Anchorage

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ighlight=muskt

Comment

Post a pic attempt

This is the ESAB cart I was talking about see if the picture works.Mike
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Shamrock1123 View Post
                            I fabricated this one out of .065 tube.

Dude that looks awesome,that's gonna be my first project when I get myself a decent welder.

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddy View Post
                              This is the ESAB cart I was talking about see if the picture works.Mike
                              I like that one. small and maneuverable.
                              I'm not sure about the ones with 2 bigger wheels on the back and 2 small swivel casters on the front. I think that the small castors will trip up on even a rod stub.

This one is All terrain.

G

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.