Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weld-in Bung and adapters ... help find

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weld-in Bung and adapters ... help find

Often times i need to have a flush mounted threaded bung set into my steel tubing. I usually mig weld a plain steel nut to the back side of a steel washer. As you know, the mig weld takes up room and i have to cut the receiving hole rather large to accommodate the mig weld bead.

Does anyone know where i can find a weld-in bung that has a small shoulder ?

In this photo, the weld-in bung is used to receive the leveling foot pad.

thanks for any help.

large size
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/weldhou...7611212793707/
    Attached Files

jimmy_pop,

Nice table.

I used flange nuts for my work table leveling feet.

Cut the hole for the flange with a hole saw and welded it flush with the tubing.

Saves welding a washer to the nut.

Stainless flange nuts are also available for outdoor applications.
    Attached Files

Comment

Cool. I'll try to find a flange nut with the flat base like the pic you attached. i dont mind having that small lip to weld to.

thanks!

Comment

Now you NEED to buy a lathe! You may have wanted one before ,but
        now you really need one.
        Dave P.

Comment

Hit up a racing equipment supply shop...some to think about are Longacre and Pegasus auto racing supply.

They might have what you are looking for. Could also check out Protofab, I think they make weld in bungs.

EDIT: Did a little searching since I have nothing better to do right now. http://www.longacreracing.com/catalo...=1317&catid=21

I have a feeling what you need is a touch heavier duty that most auto applications...so this is the only one Im going to post. Pack of (6) 1/2" 20 thread weld bosses.
          Last edited by On fire most of the time; 07-28-2009, 09:31 PM.

Comment

http://www.bungking.com/osc/index.ph...d9600dbdacc474

Comment

thanks for posting that website, it helped me find something that I was looking for, NPT Bungs.

Comment

I 2nd the lathe. You can turn so many cool parts to use on your weldments...Bob

Comment

someday, i'll get there.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.