Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

XMT´s and Diversion on 50Hz??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XMT´s and Diversion on 50Hz??

Hi to all. I have noted in Miller´s machine pdf that some are advertised suitable to be used with 50/60 Hz power and some not. My local Miller representative tells me that some units advertised only for 60Hz, can work with 50Hz and others not.
    I intend to buy a Diversion 165 and an XMT 304 or 350 CC/CV in the near future, so my question is, will these machines work with my power supply 230 VAC and 50 Hz??
    Thank´s for your input!

Regards:

Jerónimo.

Go for it, inverters don't care what the initial frequency is as they build it up to over 20Khz.

Comment

Thanks Cruizer, I understand that inverters rectify the AC current as a first stage and then work it from DC. I was just worried the units could take some kind of signal from the base frequency.

Out of this tread, as you may have noticed I am ouside US. I have just read some treads on Weld ALert remotes, is there any source to buy them on line?
      Will the 3 turn unit work with my CST?

Thanks!

Regards:

Jerónimo.

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.