No announcement yet.

ring/roll bender help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are you thinking you could corrugate it after its already rolled?? or corrugate it first then roll it ??
    just keep in mind rolling odd shapes will most likely need a matching roll. the HF version i mentioned doubles as a slip roll and a bead roller at one end with the first 2 rolls geared together and the 3rd one adjusts in and out to form different roll diameters as a slip roll. again a pretty simple design once you see it you will think, "man thats too simple to work" but there is not much to it really.
    good luck and keep us posted when you start your build.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

So browsing this and other threads, I see different styles.

1. Drive on 1 roll OR Drive on 2 rolls
      2. Removable top roll for removing material.
      3. Adjustable width of the 2 bottom rolls

What is preferred? (Iím getting ready to make my own)
      Anyone Rolling Angle-Iron?

Comment

Originally posted by coronan View Post
        So browsing this and other threads, I see different styles.

1. Drive on 1 roll OR Drive on 2 rolls
        2. Removable top roll for removing material.
        3. Adjustable width of the 2 bottom rolls

What is preferred? (Iím getting ready to make my own)
        Anyone Rolling Angle-Iron?
        2 drivers is always better, less slippage. What size angle? and how tight of radius? Angle would be simple to roll with the right grooves cut into the roll...Bob
        Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
        http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

If you don't know where to get dies, swag4x4 has a bunch online on their website. They have some for angle iron. They are made to work in the harbor freight roller. I purchased their 1 3/4" rollers and it worked great for bending my front bumper support on my racecar. That was .120 wall also.

Comment

Working...
          X