Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headache Rack Project

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headache Rack Project

Well not quite completed but started working on a Heavy Duty headache rack for my Super Duty . I went to a local truck accessory dealer to get a front and rear Ranchhand Style bumper ordered since the good ole insurance is paying for the bill. While there I was quoted $550 installed for a basic heavy duty headache rack. So after about $150 in material and a day of work off and on i got most of it complete. Also it has bed rail which will have some tubing added to the top of it. Also i have welded brackets for some flood lights to light up the welding trailer or work area at night. Still need to add the top rail tubes to the bed rails, clean it up prime and paint it. Another 1/2 day should be done maybe a couple hours if I can stay on task and not get bothered Bonus kids out of school for the summer (FREE LABOR lol )

Comment

Very cool and props for building the whole thing. i used a RKI rack and modified it for my use so i didnt build my entire headache rack.

Comment

not bad, I would have made the rack a little lower for the light, about 3/4", but not bad.

Comment

Hard Hat for Pickup

Looks like it will do the job hopefully no one throws some thing in the bed and it bounces up and into your sliding window, "OUCH" Nice fabrication job. I like your welding table as well..

Bob

Comment

I thought you were going to build a heavy duty one.

Comment

I could of went with 4x4 square lol

Comment

looks good

heres one i made (plus deck)

Comment

Pretty Sharp I cannot wait to get from powder coat tommorrow

Comment

Headache Rack back from powdercoat sorry for the crappy pics it was getting dark

Comment

Looks fantastic. Give you pride when you can display your work for potential customers. Plus the added benefit of protecting your truck when hauling material!

Comment

Looks real good. That is my next project once I get the smoker out of the yard.

Comment

That should do the trick.

Comment

Thanks for all the comments guys. I took the truck to local Truck Accessory shop to check a price on a programmer and air intake for the truck and the sales guy wanted to know what brand the headache rack was. I told him it was one I built he did not believe me at first. He said it was better built than what he stocks. That made me feel good

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.