Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 in 1 truck bumper

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 in 1 truck bumper

I am trying to figure out how I want to make the rear bumper on my mobile service trucks, i want to mount a vice, anvil and boom with downriggers on my truck. what would be the best way to mount it? the anvil will be removable by 2 pins, but the vice and boom will be solid mounted on the bumper.

what would be the best place to put everything and what would be the best method of attaching everything? welding, bolts, or both?
    Last edited by auto_welding_svc; 07-06-2009, 07:48 PM.

What Kind of truck is it?

Comment

2000 chev 3500 with a royal service bed

Comment

Need a Lift.

Originally posted by auto_welding_svc View Post
        2000 chev 3500 with a royal service bed
        Don't most service beds have the boom or crane mounted to the left rear corner of the bed on top of the tool boxes out of the way as well as additional clearance height to load the bed of the truck..?

Bob

Check out this bumper crane...http://www.westernmule.com/bumper_cranes.html
        Last edited by urch55; 07-08-2009, 04:05 PM.

Comment

i worked for a truck upfitter. and there is a plate built in to the utility bodys that get booms.
          but the first thing you need to do is post a picture of your truck so we can see what there is to work with. pic's pic's pic's

Comment

well my camera's on the fritz. my problem is the top of the boxes has a tilt up lengthwise compartment where I put my welding leads and torches. otherwise I would put the boom on top.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.