Cummins Header

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cummins Header

Friend of mine is into sled pulling and was in need of a header, he showed me pictures of what he wanted and this is what I came up with. Don't mind the mess
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tigman250; 07-02-2009, 07:50 PM.
    The one that dies with the most tools wins

If it's worth having, it's worth working for

Looks nice, how about some build details?
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe
    Select Machine and Tool Mill
    More stuff than I can keep track of..

Comment

A Blessing of a Friend

Originally posted by tigman250 View Post
      Friend of mine is into sled pulling and was in need of a header, he showed me pictures of what he wanted and this is what I came up with. Don't mind the mess
      Your friend is blessed to have a talented friend like your self.Looks like a perfect job you did there..
      Bob

Comment

now will they work right.

Comment

Originally posted by nocheepgas View Post
          Looks nice, how about some build details?
          nothing special really, two 2" bends four 1.5" bends, some 1.5" sch 40 pipe and some 2" sch 40 pipe, a couple flanges, 4 or 5 beers and a header emerged

Comment

That must be going on an in line 6 turbo diesel? I'm curious how that works out. I thought in a lot of cases, the turbo exhaust manifolds were intentionally tight to keep velocity up. Maybe in this application and intended use it will work well where it wouldn't in a street application.

Comment

Originally posted by kbraby View Post
              That must be going on an in line 6 turbo diesel? I'm curious how that works out. I thought in a lot of cases, the turbo exhaust manifolds were intentionally tight to keep velocity up. Maybe in this application and intended use it will work well where it wouldn't in a street application.
              in sled pulling they aren't looking to build boost fast like you would in a street application. as long as they can build the boost numbers they need they are looking to get the exaust out as quickly as possible to keep thier EGT's down.

Comment

Holy crap!

I was thinking it would be beefy...but picture 4 and 5 made me do a double take.

Really nice work man, looks like it will definitely hold up to what he needs it for. I do have one question though, does he have something to support the turbo mounted off the engine or frame somewhere? I have seen many turbo manifolds fail because of the amount of stress the weight of the turbo and the EGT cause, when put together.

Looks **** nice though.
                Precision is only as important as the project...if you're building a rocket ship...1/64" would matter. If you're building a sledgehammer...an 1/8" probably wont.

Comment

Hey Craig, It has been a while...I hope all is well up there! That is a nice piece of work. My son has one of those trucks and was really impressed. Good to see you on the board, JEFF
                  200DX 350P 625 Plasma & other stuff I forgot

Comment

Working...
                  X