No announcement yet.

Harbor Freight Tubing Roller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the setscrews on the dies, I replaced them with setscrews that have the little dimple cutting end, and drilled the shaft just enough to allow the setscrew to insert into the shaft, I also used a jam nut on these same setscrews so they can’t back out!
    Caution!
    These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonora Iron View Post
      For the setscrews on the dies, I replaced them with setscrews that have the little dimple cutting end, and drilled the shaft just enough to allow the setscrew to insert into the shaft, I also used a jam nut on these same setscrews so they can’t back out!
      Hmmm....sounds like a good idea. I'll check those out.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
      Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
      MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
      Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
      Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
      Miller 30-A Spoolgun
      Miller WC-115-A
      Miller Spectrum 300
      Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
      Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

If the set screw holes have enouph meat so 2 set screws can be set into the same hole after you drill the indentation into the shaft the 2nd set screw acts as a jamb screw.

Comment

Originally posted by bc65925 View Post
          I decided to buy their cut off saw. I don't have a shop, just weld for my self thought it would be OK. Well, my first big project was railing around my front porch. After a while, I burnt up my cut off saw. I took it back and they gave me another one. It wasn't long before I burnt that one up. When I was packing it up to take back and get a refund this time, I could not find the receipt. I called the store, and they said bring it back, and we can give you a store credit for the price. I thought that was very comendable on their part. Junk power tools for sure, but everything else I have gotten there worked just fine. Shop crane works great, roller seat is great, and the cheap trailer holding my Bobcat 250 is just perfect for what I wanted.
          I've used their chop saw for several years, I know they are power hogs, and absolutely need 12 gauge wire minimum extension cord, and not a very long cord at that. Of course even my Dewalt gets hot if too small a cord is used, that one cost me $100.00 for a new armature to find out.
          Your right about the return policy, better than average

Comment

Anyone know where to get dies for this HF Roller? The only dies I see on HarborFreight's site are for 1/2" square tubing.

Comment

Originally posted by Genarr3 View Post
              Anyone know where to get dies for this HF Roller? The only dies I see on HarborFreight's site are for 1/2" square tubing.
              It comes with the round tube dies, and all they have as far as I know, is the 1/2" square dies. They could be made into virtually about anything the machine could accept.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
              Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
              MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
              Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
              Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
              Miller 30-A Spoolgun
              Miller WC-115-A
              Miller Spectrum 300
              Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
              Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
                It comes with the round tube dies, and all they have as far as I know, is the 1/2" square dies. They could be made into virtually about anything the machine could accept.
                The trick is finding someone who's willing to widen the 1/2" dies (which can go for as little as $39 on sale) to 5/8, 1", etc.

Anyone?
                Jack Olsen
                The Garage(And its slideshow)
                The Car(And its slideshow)

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Olsen View Post
                  The trick is finding someone who's willing to widen the 1/2" dies (which can go for as little as $39 on sale) to 5/8, 1", etc.

Anyone?
                  I can make, widen, modify any die but i am booked until after the first of the year. So make a wish list...Bob
                  Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
                  http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Considering making my own roller. Anybody know the dimensions of the HF dies? They are way cheaper than Eastwood's dies! I'd appreciate a PM.
                    Thanks
                    Miller Syncrowave 200
                    Homemade Water Cooler
                    130XP MIG
                    Spectrum 375
                    60 year old Logan Lathe
                    Select Machine and Tool Mill
                    More stuff than I can keep track of..

Comment

Shoot me a PM with the dimensions you want and I'll fire them over to you.

Comment

If any of you decide to cut keyways into the dies of your Harbor Freights tubing roller, may want to buy a better quality broach than I did!
                        The round dies are very soft but the square tube die is pretty tough!

Caution!
                        These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Comment

I though I would drop in and refresh this post on HF Tubing Rollers.

I have been selling Harbor Freight tubing roller dies for just over a year. I initially set out to produce one size of die 1.75" round die. The only catch is that in order to make machining dies cost effective I have to have 10 sets made at a time. Sell 9 and keep one for myself, however as soon as I placed the dies on my website I had numerous requests asking for 1.25" and 1.625' dies.

Fast forward a year and my nich product has spread into the bicycle builders, sail boat manufactures, chopper fabricators, and so on. I recently pulled the trigger and am now be making the following die sizes for the Harbor Freight Tube Roller.

.0625" Round
                          0.75" Round
                          1.125" Round
                          1.25" Round
                          1.625" Round
                          1.75" Round
                          .75" Square
                          1.00" Square
                          1.50" Square
                          2.00" Square

In addition I sell what I call weld on wings for the HF tubing roller as well. These wings are made out of A-572 Gr50 1/4" thick steel. They extend the total width of the bottom rollers 6" for the first hole and 12" for the second hole. with these wings welded into place it reduces the total amount of force required to roll the tubing 50%.

I great seeing what you guys build with this roller.

http://www.swagoffroad.com/Products.html

Troy
                          Attached Files

Comment

I know people were speculating on wether or not to buy because of how thick of tubing they could use, but i just bought one and used it to roll 5/8" round bar and it did it like it was nothing, so I'm satisfied. Saved me a lot of time instead of building my own.

Comment

Working...
                            X