Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

jobs....

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jobs....

so i am in need of some help...my husband is a pipeline welder who just lost his job (company went under)...he has 10 years experience, his own rig, and is willing to go wherever he needs to find a good job...if anyone out there knows of anything please let us know since NM has nothing we realize we will have to move or at least him be on the road for a while...thanks for all your help.

I'd say the best bets would be Pennsylvania or Texas. Pipe isn't my line of work. Yo might look here and see http://www.jobbankinfo.org/ They have listings all over the country and you might be able to find something there. Hope it is usefull. Good luck.

Comment

there is a major pipeline project working in east texas somewhere around paris, tx

Comment

Originally posted by welderwifey View Post
        so i am in need of some help...my husband is a pipeline welder who just lost his job (company went under)...he has 10 years experience, his own rig, and is willing to go wherever he needs to find a good job...if anyone out there knows of anything please let us know since NM has nothing we realize we will have to move or at least him be on the road for a while...thanks for all your help.
        You might check the AWS.org site.

Griff

Comment

Try pipeliners local 798
          www.local798.org

Comment

These were posted on another forum. Hope it helps.

http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/job-JM389XT...er&scode=50584

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeek...W657YM23FVFQ7P

http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/job-J3QOYNG...er&scode=50584

jrw159

Comment

big pipe project coming through central ms right now

Comment

HotSheet

Check www.jobhotsheets.com and get an industrial projects report. It's full of employers looking to hire.

Comment

There is definate work in the shipyards in portsmouth virginia, and pipeline work in texas. You also might wanna consider overseas jobs, which pay 6 figures, plus benefits, with paid vacation time to see the family. Their hurting for people overseas everywhere.

By the way, you guys are quick to help out a woman, man, I should probably change my name to Ms. Usmcruz

Comment

Originally posted by usmcruz View Post
                    There is definate work in the shipyards in portsmouth virginia, and pipeline work in texas. You also might wanna consider overseas jobs, which pay 6 figures, plus benefits, with paid vacation time to see the family. Their hurting for people overseas everywhere.

By the way, you guys are quick to help out a woman, man, I should probably change my name to Ms. Usmcruz
                    Could you point me in the right direction on finding more info about working overseas. The wife and I feel like getting out of here for a year or so.

Comment

Will do, give me a day, and I will get all the info together. There are actually over a dozen companies that do welding overseas, and your talking 6 figures tax free. Well they dont tax 10 months of it, and only tax you the last two months which is still pretty much tax free. You would get paid anywhere from $8,000 to $12,000 a month depending on your skill, and what company you would work for. Stipulations is, you cant have any felonies in the past 5 years, you will need a passport, and if you were ever in the service, or if your a disabled vet, you get preference. Also if your wanting to get hazard pay, you would have to pick a location like iraq or the like, but you cant bring the wife, but overseas spots like brazil and such you can. Either way the pay is phenominal, and its very easy to land the job, all you guys would need is the will to want to travel overseas. Like I said, give me a day or two to go to my guy on the base here, and get the info, but tomorrows the fourth, and he wont be back till monday, so give me till monday. Anything to help out another welder!

Comment

Well they dont tax 10 months of it, and only tax you the last two months which is still pretty much tax free.

Is it only the last two months that are taxed or up to $XXX amount? I had read up on overseas work in the past and it seems like the laws had been changed to were you could make a certain amount tax free and then everything over that was taxed. I'm not questioning just would like to know more about traveling overseas for work aswell.

Comment

Will do, give me a day, and I will get all the info together. There are actually over a dozen companies that do welding overseas, and your talking 6 figures tax free. Well they dont tax 10 months of it, and only tax you the last two months which is still pretty much tax free. You would get paid anywhere from $8,000 to $12,000 a month depending on your skill, and what company you would work for. Stipulations is, you cant have any felonies in the past 5 years, you will need a passport, and if you were ever in the service, or if your a disabled vet, you get preference. Also if your wanting to get hazard pay, you would have to pick a location like iraq or the like, but you cant bring the wife, but overseas spots like brazil and such you can. Either way the pay is phenominal, and its very easy to land the job, all you guys would need is the will to want to travel overseas. Like I said, give me a day or two to go to my guy on the base here, and get the info, but tomorrows the fourth, and he wont be back till monday, so give me till monday. Anything to help out another welder!
                          Usmcruz, do these jobs allow Canadians? I would go just for the adventure . PM me if this is possible. Thanks, Jef

Comment

Like I said, give me a day or two to go to my guy on the base here, and get the info, but tomorrows the fourth, and he wont be back till monday, so give me till monday. Anything to help out another welder!
                            Thank you, much appreciated.

Comment

a friend told me there was something going in near appleton, wis. and they were looking for welders.
                              cat

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.