Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

removable vise mount

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • removable vise mount

    made removable vise mount for my new weld table. 2" sq. tube 1/4" wall and 1 1/2" sq 1/4" wall, vice is mounted on 3/8" plate. gonna make another for my bench grinder.
    Attached Files
    Matt

    Syncrowave 200
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Victor O/A
    Smithy Midas 1220 Lathe- Mill
    Bandsaw- 20 yr old Harbor Freight type
    Speedglas

  • #2
    cool twist on an old idea.
    dropping it down into the table is a neat idea.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

    Comment


    • #3
      I welded one on each corner of my table. I have mounts for a vise, grinder and throatless shear. I never thought to put one through the table. Great idea.
      DAVE Dynasty 200DX with Coolmate 3
      Millermatic 212 Auto Set
      Millermatic 140 Auto Set
      Hobart Airforce 400 Plasma Cutter
      JD2 Tube Bender

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Shamrock1123 View Post
        I welded one on each corner of my table. I have mounts for a vise, grinder and throatless shear. I never thought to put one through the table. Great idea.
        Ditto on the great idea.......I'm putting together a new table and may use your idea if you don't mind...Jim
        Welding in Crete
        Syncrowave 350 LX
        Millermatic 252
        Millermatic 180 w Spoolgun
        Miller Gold Seal 155
        Miller Elite welding helmet
        JD2 Tubing bender with Hydraulic conversion
        Evolution Raptor15" SteelDry Cut Saw
        Hypertherm Powermax 30
        Some really cool hammers BIG and small

        Comment


        • #5
          i put a 5/8" nut and bolt for a set screw. not really needed for the vise but may help to steady the grinder.
          Attached Files
          Matt

          Syncrowave 200
          Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
          Victor O/A
          Smithy Midas 1220 Lathe- Mill
          Bandsaw- 20 yr old Harbor Freight type
          Speedglas

          Comment


          • #6
            Get Your Red Hot Ideas Here While They last..

            Originally posted by uhohjim View Post
            Ditto on the great idea.......I'm putting together a new table and may use your idea if you don't mind...Jim
            What does ideas sell for nowadays.?????
            Hurry up while their free.!~!~!~!
            Bob

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by urch55 View Post
              What does ideas sell for nowadays.?????
              Hurry up while their free.!~!~!~!
              Bob
              I guess that might depend on whether it's a good idea, great idea, fantastic idea, etc??
              Miller Syncrowave 200
              Homemade Water Cooler
              130XP MIG
              Spectrum 375
              60 year old Logan Lathe
              Select Machine and Tool Mill
              More stuff than I can keep track of..

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by nocheepgas View Post
                I guess that might depend on whether it's a good idea, great idea, fantastic idea, etc??
                You forgot bad idea. Any way the vise was a good idea.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Good Bad or Indifferant

                  Originally posted by nocheepgas View Post
                  I guess that might depend on whether it's a good idea, great idea, fantastic idea, etc??
                  Yes you got a point there.


                  MK....The bad ideas are not sooooooo bad if we learn from them, Hey we might as well get some thing out of our bad ideas. Hmmmm Better yet from someone elses bad idea sounds better..
                  Bob

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    nice idea. that way you dont put a bunch of stress on the table edge. I'LL TAKE IT!!!
                    Miller Digital Elite inferno
                    Miller MP-10 passive helmet
                    Hobart Stickmate 250/160 ac/dc

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      cant explain

                      that loook on the face when you stand there staring into space, then something like this is created, very nice work, i responded earlier to a fun post "you know if youra welder if (then you answer)" you are constantly improving your shop by building something no one else has, of all the trades ive done in my life, i find that welding is the one trade that lets the mind wander with its ease of creativity, as said earlier, great idea kevin

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I made a similar set up for my vise, but I put a piece of pipe in the place of the smaller square tube so the vice can swivel inside the larger tube. Also, I put 4 nuts and locking bolts at 90 degrees to each other on the outside tube. That way, I can move the pipe inside the square tube, and I have a small bit of levelling adjustment on the vise for ease of fitting flanges etc. to other pipe parts.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by kevin View Post
                          that loook on the face when you stand there staring into space, then something like this is created, very nice work, I responded earlier to a fun post "you know if youra welder if (then you answer)" you are constantly improving your shop by building something no one else has, of all the trades ive done in my life, i find that welding is the one trade that lets the mind wander with its ease of creativity, as said earlier, great idea kevin
                          I figure this is how we put men on the moon, controllable robots on Mars and the Voyager satellites, well on their way out of our solar system.
                          RETIRED desk jockey.

                          Hobby weldor with a little training.

                          Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

                          Miller Syncrowave 250.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Shep View Post
                            I made a similar set up for my vise, but I put a piece of pipe in the place of the smaller square tube so the vice can swivel inside the larger tube. Also, I put 4 nuts and locking bolts at 90 degrees to each other on the outside tube. That way, I can move the pipe inside the square tube, and I have a small bit of levelling adjustment on the vise for ease of fitting flanges etc. to other pipe parts.
                            Can you post some photos of your S/U?
                            Thanks,
                            Nick

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Sure, if I can remember to take a camera to work with me I will try tomorrow.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X