Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go Kart aluminum rims source?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Kart aluminum rims source?

I LOVE the rims on the Power Click contest entry "TIG Welding cart" by C. Piester.

I'm in the process of designing a welding cart. I was going to use some Harbor Freight wheels, but aluminum rims would look much better. They look like small diameter rims, 3 to 4 inch or so. I know some of you folks build high-end go karts, so if you would kindly share your source for rims and tires, I would GREATLY appreciate it.
    Attached Files

Try Williams Race Products in Madison North Carolina, hope this helps, Paul

Comment

Dave-

I've found some on EBay before for decent deals.

Especially for what you want to use them for, look there and you might find a racer selling last season tires for a good price since they will be too worn for the track but perfect for wagons and carts.

If you want new try looking on BarFlyRacers.com, they might have some resources for them over there.

- Paul

Comment

well I did know a lot of em but since I found out I couldnt afford kart racing i forgot. Your best bet is ebay but be prepard financually, not cheap

Comment

http://www.hodgeracingsupplies.com/
          try here for your rims. a coworkers brother ownes this place

Comment

Did a search on Douglas Wheel Tech ( http://www.dwtracing.com/products/kart ) and found these places near you.

TNR KARTSPORTS INC.
            8511 CANOGA AVE.
            CANOGA PARK, CA 91304
            United States
            ph(818) 701-7151
            fax(818) 701-7153
            Distance: 41.5mi

PITT'S PERFORMANCE
            7922 WOODLEY AVE
            VAN NUYS, CA 91406
            United States
            ph(818) 780-2184
            fax(818) 780-6887
            Distance: 48.1mi

Comment

Thanks for the responses!

I appreciate the responses and wealth of information provided.

PaulRBrown -
              I'll take a look at Williams Racing products. They seem to know their stuff.

ZTFab -
              That BarStoolRacers site openned up a whole new area to me. What a cool idea. Their discussion area has some good leads on rims and tires.

Welder13 -
              Indeed, the prices are a bit steep for a welding cart. I'll take a look on eBay to see if anyone has some used rims or tires.

50BMGShooter -
              Thanks for the link to HodgeRacing. Nice website and online catalog.

TS-Off-Road -
              Douglas Wheel does make some NICE rims. I'll have to check out those shops you suggested when I'm in that area. I appreciate the extra effort to provide the addresses and phone numbers. Doesn't get much better than that.

Comment

Pocket bikes

Pocket bike rims are way cool too. if you get two front rims and tires you might just find that they are cheaper than gokart stuff.(maybe) They also have a taller o/a profile that would essentially give your hand truck or dolly or cart more clearance on rough terrain. Search pocket bikes on ebay and the net. the stuff is everywhere.

Comment

This Guy Is On It For You

Originally posted by TS-Off-Road View Post
                  Did a search on Douglas Wheel Tech ( http://www.dwtracing.com/products/kart ) and found these places near you.

TNR KARTSPORTS INC.
                  8511 CANOGA AVE.
                  CANOGA PARK, CA 91304
                  United States
                  ph(818) 701-7151
                  fax(818) 701-7153
                  Distance: 41.5mi

PITT'S PERFORMANCE
                  7922 WOODLEY AVE
                  VAN NUYS, CA 91406
                  United States
                  ph(818) 780-2184
                  fax(818) 780-6887
                  Distance: 48.1mi
                  I KNOW ALL THES GUYS I WORKED IN A SHOP IN SAN DIEGO AND IT WAS KARTER SUPPLY WE HAD A LOT OF CUSTEMERS AND KIDS THAT RACE IN NASCAR NOW

TNR WAS KEVIN HARVICS SHOP THAT HE WAS OUT OF AND PITTS IS A LARGE SUPPLY SHOP WITH USED AND NEW THAT WHOULD BE YOUR BEST SPOT TO LOOK AT FOR WHEELS

DOUGLES WHEELS IS GOOD GUY TO BUT THAT IS BRAND NEW AND AND NOT CHEEP

I HAVE A LOT OF CARTS WITH THIS GO-KART WHEELS ON THEM

I DID A RADIO FLYER WITH DOUGLES WHEELS ON IT AND SO ON

GOOD LUCK ON THE WHEEL AND YUOR CART

ONE LAST THING THAT I FORGOT GO-KART WHELLS LEAK AIR SO YOU NEED TO PUT A TUBE IN THEM

ON THE RACE KARTS WE CHEAK THE TIRE PRESURE ALL THE TIME SO THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM BUT ON CARTS WHERE YOU DO NOT DO THIS A TUBE IS A MUST

Comment

larger rims

Originally posted by SignWave View Post
                    Pocket bike rims are way cool too. if you get two front rims and tires you might just find that they are cheaper than gokart stuff.(maybe) They also have a taller o/a profile that would essentially give your hand truck or dolly or cart more clearance on rough terrain. Search pocket bikes on ebay and the net. the stuff is everywhere.
                    SignWave-
                    Good idea. I hadn't considered those before. Some of those rims are NICE!

Comment

Nice web sites too

Originally posted by IRONWORKER View Post
                      I KNOW ALL THES GUYS I WORKED IN A SHOP IN SAN DIEGO AND IT WAS KARTER SUPPLY WE HAD A LOT OF CUSTEMERS AND KIDS THAT RACE IN NASCAR NOW

TNR WAS KEVIN HARVICS SHOP THAT HE WAS OUT OF AND PITTS IS A LARGE SUPPLY SHOP WITH USED AND NEW THAT WHOULD BE YOUR BEST SPOT TO LOOK AT FOR WHEELS

DOUGLES WHEELS IS GOOD GUY TO BUT THAT IS BRAND NEW AND AND NOT CHEEP

I HAVE A LOT OF CARTS WITH THIS GO-KART WHEELS ON THEM

I DID A RADIO FLYER WITH DOUGLES WHEELS ON IT AND SO ON

GOOD LUCK ON THE WHEEL AND YUOR CART

ONE LAST THING THAT I FORGOT GO-KART WHELLS LEAK AIR SO YOU NEED TO PUT A TUBE IN THEM

ON THE RACE KARTS WE CHEAK THE TIRE PRESURE ALL THE TIME SO THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM BUT ON CARTS WHERE YOU DO NOT DO THIS A TUBE IS A MUST
                      Ironworker -
                      I appreciate the recommendation verification.

I noticed some smaller wheels I purchased earlier tend to leak slowly. I thought it was because the ones I purchased were Harbor Freight specials, but now it appears to be a standard issue. Guess I'll have to keep them aired-up periodically.

The websites for the above shops are:

http://www.tnrkartsports.com/

http://www.pittsperformance.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.