Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

cool find at HF

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cool find at HF

seems like the over priced desktop planishing hammers were not selling so well at $60, so they decided to discontinue them and i picked up one for $19.
    not the best tool ever but for little jobs and artsy fartsy stuff it should work fine. i made one of my own last year but this one has a foot control and lets me use the one i made as just an english wheel only.
    Attached Files

I stopped by my HF and they still wanted 35.95 for it.

Guess you where lucky.

Comment

Went by my local HF the other day and they had an entire endcap with these for $19.95. For what it is, that's a pretty good price. The foot switch is worth that.

Fun - You got a good deal for light work (< 18 ga.). Not much good for heavier stuff though. Wear your hearing protection too and watch the fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
        seems like the over priced desktop planishing hammers were not selling so well at $60, so they decided to discontinue them and i picked up one for $19.
        not the best tool ever but for little jobs and artsy fartsy stuff it should work fine. i made one of my own last year but this one has a foot control and lets me use the one i made as just an english wheel only.
        Thanks for the tip. I mentioned it to a friend and as he was going to Las Cruces the next day he said he'd check on it. He came home with one for me and one for him (at $19.95 ea).

It looks like it's easily worth that much.

John

Comment

etonline I stopped by my HF and they still wanted 35.95 for it.

it was marked $35.99 at my store also but rang up at $19.95. i would take one up to the counter and see what it rings up at.

i very much like the foot control, it was the thing that pushed me over the edge to get it.

Comment

I'll slide back down there fun4now and run a scan....can't hurt.

Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Price affected

You know when I have gone to HF I would look up the price on the web site print it out and the stores will honnor the web site price.. Bob

Comment

good idea, i have printed a few be for myself. even brought my laptop in with the pic of the add on it. not supposed to do it that way but they let it slide, my printer was out of ink.

Comment

Got one Friday for the $19..........

Supposedly the confusion was over the tent sale that started today. There where two prices in the register's computer and of course the manager wanted to charge the higher one the first time I was there.

Not a bad deal for $19.

Thanks for the tip fun4now

Comment

cool, glad it worked out for ya.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.