handy pipe rig

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• handy pipe rig

Well, I got 34 of these spindles to weld-up, and put in the lathe and turn them back to spec. They have a tracking bearing that keeps the spindle from moving back and fourth, and the journal they ride in has gotten an 1/8 inch wider over about fifteen years of 24/7 use (this is at work obviously) To make my job easier I made a couple of pipe holders. Then, I was trying to figure out how to make a full pass without stopping. I was checking the "run out" on another part, and just looked at my dial indicator base, and said "that's it!" So a few tywraps later...

Dynasty 200 DX runner
    Sync 350 LX
    XMT 300 w/D74 and roughnecks
    Hobart 135
    ESAB PowerCut 875 plasma

-Now thats thinking with your dipstick.........Jimmy ! Great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan Man View Post

LOL, I LOVE THE COMMERCIAL

Railmen
      2007 Trailblazer 302G
      2004 Invision 354MP
      1999 60 series feeder
      2005 Maxstar 200DX
      2007 CST280
      1999 HF 251-1
      older Hobart hefty wire feeder
      Hyperthrem 600
      Maxstar 150S(such a cute welder)
      had and sold........
      2003 XMT 304CC/CV
      1947 Lincoln SA200G short hood
      1963 Lincoln SA200G
      1975 Lincoln SA200G(best machine ever had )
      1970's Lincoln SAE400G
      2 Maxstar's 200DX's
      1 Maxstar 200SD
      CST 280
      2 CST 250
      MM130

Railmen

Comment

I used a setup similar to that, except I had a scr drive motor on it for welding stainless tubes, the torch was hand held. after the speed was set and all I had to do was stirke the arc and hold the torch.

I have used ball bearings on turntables and rollers, never had one go bad passing 100 amps or less thru it.

necessity is the mother of invention or something like that........... good job!!

mike sr
        Last edited by popspipes; 05-30-2009, 09:50 PM. Reason: spelling
        mike sr

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan Man View Post
          Funny you should say that... I was told that by some of the guy's passing by the booth! LOL

Originally posted by popspipes View Post
          I used a setup similar to that, except I had a scr drive motor on it for welding stainless tubes, the torch was hand held. after the speed was set and all I had to do was stirke the arc and hold the torch.

I have used ball bearings on turntables and rollers, never had one go bad passing 100 amps or less thru it.

necessity is the mother of invention or something like that........... good job!!

mike sr
          Trust me, if I had time to put a motor on it I would , but have a time frame to get these done. I got five of them done and reinstalled on the machines today. I also had a different kind roller on it today that I had to weld a shaft on @ 210 amp's! The sealed SKF bearings I used should handle anything the Sync 350 can throw at them.

Thank's for the replies.
          Dynasty 200 DX runner
          Sync 350 LX
          XMT 300 w/D74 and roughnecks
          Hobart 135
          ESAB PowerCut 875 plasma

Comment

Working...
          X