Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chop saw stand?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chop saw stand?

I just got my new chopsaw today and i want to make a stand for it. I seen on here a realy nice stand that had suports that slide in the sides, i used the search but had no luck... any help or ideas would be great thank you.

Stephen

A piece of plate to hold your saw and 4 legs from angle or small pipe cut to suit height. Cut about a 10* angle on the top and bottom of the legs so they go outward a little at the bottom...Bob

Comment

Hey stephen25,
      Here's one I made for my Porter Cable Dry Cut Saw. It is fully functional, yet compacts into a total space of 2' X 3'. I have to post another reply to get in all the photos.......Denny
      Attached Files

Comment

2nd post....

Hope this helps you a bit....Denny
        Attached Files

Comment

yorkiepap, Thank you very much...thats the one i was looking for all day.

Stephen

Comment

Hey stephen,
            You saw it on Penton's Welding site on the Projects topic board......Denny

Comment

A question for YorkiePap

Hi ya D,
              Can you tell me the no load RPM's for your dry cut saw?.
              Thats a sweet little rig. I like the wheels and cord winder additions.

Regards, Rick.

Comment

yorkiepap, wow thats a great looking stand. i would add a few bolts with wuing nuts to lock the extention in place ( or am i missing some thig ?) but other than that its freaking perfect. well thought out and looks verry helpfull.
                just what i needd another project for my to do list.

Comment

may have to build 1 like that for when I buy my chop-saw in Oct . with my b-day money( also getting a Hobart ac stickmate 235 amp)

Comment

Roller Ext. & Table locking sys.

Hey stephen25,
                    I have attached photos of how to set up your locking system for the extension & table. The entire sys. is made of 1 1/2" & 1 1/4" sq. tube for telescoping the attachments. I drilled 1/2" holes about 2" from the ends, welded 5/16 X18 nuts over the 1/2" holes. Then used 1"L 5/16" bolts with a 2" piece of 3/8" rod welded to the head of the bolt for tightening leverage. Quite simple & effective.

To SineWave: The Porter Cable Dry Cut Saw is rated at 1300rpm and the Freud Diablo 14" carbide blades I use are rated at 1800rpm. Thanks for the compliments.......

Denny
                    Attached Files

Comment

ok hehehe
                      but will someone :Buy me a BIGGER SHOP
                      PS done got the land 60 arces +

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now
                        fun4now,
                        ok, let me rephrase my plea, since you have room on your property to build your shop and I don't:
                        WILL SOMEONE PLEASE BUY ME LAND TO BUILD A SHOP LIKE JAMES'??!!!!

if you ever finish painting your dad's house you can come over and use mine.
                        D*mn, I was gonna say that, you beat me to it, oh well maybe I'll get him on the next one. Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Bert
                          Wireburner...OH...YOU FROM A RICH FAMILY!!!!
                          To Dabar39 and fun4now...Parents and wife will be away from the weekend..
                          HOW DID YOU GUESS WHAT MY PLANS WERE FOR THIS WEEKEND???????
                          ARE YOU GUYS PSYCHIC????????!!!!
                          psychotic maybe, not to sure bout the psychic part. Dave

Comment

Originally posted by wireburner View Post
                            ok hehehe
                            but will someone :Buy me a BIGGER SHOP
                            PS done got the land 60 arces +
                            Ain't you only 15 yo

Comment

Originally posted by Bert
                              That's why I said he was from a rich family, I was TEMPTED to say:
                              OH, YOU'RE RICH!!!
                              Nevermind

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.