Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Almost finished-Cart

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost finished-Cart

I may weld a larger diameter handle shaft, the 5/16 has a lot of flex but it's all I had on hand and it's stainless and it was given to me.

Do I need anymore support under the bottle area?
    Attached Files

All depends how big of a bottle your going to use and how wide your shelf is. If its a small bottle and it will set on the angle iron, you should be fine. Anything heavier or if your shelf is wider, than I would put some flat iron underneath your expanded metal.

Comment

looks real good. I wouldn't worrie to much about the tank supports.

Comment

Nice job! Adding support under the bottle area would be a good idea.

Comment

Very good looking cart! I built a larger one for mine as well, but after weeing the new "dolly looking" one for the 200 dx i'm thinking portability rules in my line of work and may be dismatling it

I love the little steering setup on it and the drawers underneath are the hot ticket i always have to cary a seperate toolbox of grinding wheels, burrs, wreches, slag hammers and on and on

Comment

those are some sweet drawers, where did you get them?

Comment

They were leftovers from a desk, or counter, from a medical business that went belly up in '83.
              I've been hoarding them since then and finally found a use for them.
              I was only going to use one but remembered that I have had them for 26 years and I'm not getting any younger.
              I was going to put them on a wall in the garage but I don't have anymore room on my walls, or workbenches.

Comment

I added support for the tank.

I just need to put a chain on the tank area and polish the tires.

Thanks to Vin-Man and many others, for all of the support on this project.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.