Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire wood processor

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire wood processor

What an inventive mind. This thing just blows me a way.

http://www.firewoodprocessor.net/index.htm

I heard the guys at work talking about it yesterday but didn't know of the link. Thanks...Bob

Comment

problematic design

I would say they would eliminate the feed problems before and after splitting, by eliminating the dropping of the cut.
      It would have less issues if the log in a single plane was split first, and then ran through a tube and cut to length.
      Just a thought

Comment

kinda of small. the one down the road from me cost about 150,000 but it can do 2 cord cut, split, and piled in 1 hr.

Comment

Fantastic!

That's a great idea. The fact that you can use a skid-steer is a real plus. Skid-steers are a dime a dozen these days. I think it's made by 'Hahn' - which has made forestry equipment for years. Stuff like that usually retails for around $10.00 per pound - which would make it 20 grand - ouch.

Comment

I saw that video a few days ago. I wonder what kind of hydraulic pressure that pump is putting out. I have a 26 ton splitter that has trouble making a single split sometimes. Wonder if it ever plugs up with stringy wood/knotty wood?

Comment

got a price quote and it is $26,100 for the one in the movie.

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.