X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SundownIII View Post
    that contraption he "designed",
    Yeah, SundownIII, that thing looks kinda over the top. Makes my old $50 (bought new ) .22 pale in comparison .... A BIPOD???? A SCOPE??? For SQUIRRELS?????

The bait works fine
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Comment

People with $5000 hobby welders shouldn't get stuck up about a $1000 pellet rifle.

As for Sundowner he is obviously the kind of guy that complains about getting *****, steak and ice cream in the same day so there's no pleasing him- poor guy. He reminds me of my stepdad...full of wisdom and knowledge but only $hit came out of his mouth.
      MillerMatic 140 Auto-Set

Comment

No hobby welders here .... every one of my machines have paid for themselves .... most many times over.
        Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Comment

Originally posted by JSFAB View Post
          Yeah, SundownIII, that thing looks kinda over the top. Makes my old $50 (bought new ) .22 pale in comparison .... A BIPOD???? A SCOPE??? For SQUIRRELS?????

The bait works fine

Although it is fun to go out an shoot squirrels (plus they do taste good...only thing is gotta clean em within about 20 mins, otherwise they skin like a B****) my ol' .22 with a 20 dollar scope works just fine. Some of those fancy pellet guns shoot so fast anyway, its not any quieter than a .22 cause of the pellet cracking the air (mini sonic boom) so it doesnt make sense to me. I'd rather go after bigger game anyway, more food on them.

also, get about 30 squirrels, and about 15-20 rabbits and take both them and grind the meat together and its very delicious. still cant beat a good roundsteak off a deer....unless you get yourself some elk.

monte55- are you totally against hunting, or just trophy hunting? .. I eat most everything i kill (except varmints and scavengers). saves a LOT of $$$$$ rather than buying beef.
          Last edited by welderdude402; 05-15-2009, 11:06 PM.
          sigpic
          Miller Trailblazer 302
          Smith Torch Outfit
          Lots of Grinders
          Miller Elite Autodark Hood
          O'l Trusty Jackson

Comment

I think, Monte even feeds his dogs vegetarian dog food

Comment

the ground squirrels would be like eating dirt because that's basically what they eat.

I only shoot these because it allows me to have fun and they don't need pesticides after I have visited a facility/farm regularly!!!
              Last edited by Johnny; 05-16-2009, 06:25 AM.
              MillerMatic 140 Auto-Set

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
                What about a planned hunting trip instead of a trip to Costco?
                I will admit that once I did sneek up on a pork roast...I believe his name was Wilson...and hit him with a big spoon at Sams Club. It wasn't planned. It just happened.
                Nick
                Miller 252 Mig
                Miller Cricket XL
                Millermatic 150 Mig
                Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
                2-O/A outfits
                Jet Lathe and Mill
                Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
                DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
                Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
                20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
                Propane Forge
                60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
                Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
                and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

[
                  monte55- are you totally against hunting, or just trophy hunting? .. I eat most everything i kill (except varmints and scavengers). saves a LOT of $$$$$ rather than buying beef.[/QUOTE]

I am not totally against hunting. I understand if people hunt for food, to protect themselves or their home from damage etc. I just don't understand
                  why some get such a thrill out of killing an animal. I'm not saying everyone that hunts is like this. But a lot are. I don't have a need or want to kill a deer.
                  Many like to hunt deer for food and maybe to protect their crops etc. so they benifit two ways. I hear so many reasons why we have to kill deer.
                  "We have too many deer in the area".....then move them to an area that doesn't.
                  We have deer where I live and we don't have a problem with them. Sure they
                  are hit on our local hiway at times and that could be dangerous. There are also opossum, raccoons and other critters dead in the road. I don't see hunters teaming up to hunt them down for our safety. I guess an opossum
                  being hunted down isn't much to brag about.
                  I was driving home from being out of town one night and pulled over to take a leak. Went a little off the road and behind a bush was a large buck with only the rack removed. No attempt to field dress. Just kill and take the rack. We sure have some lovely people in this world.
                  Nick
                  Miller 252 Mig
                  Miller Cricket XL
                  Millermatic 150 Mig
                  2-O/A outfits
                  Jet Lathe and Mill
                  Propane Forge

Comment

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
                    I will admit that once I did sneek up on a pork roast...I believe his name was Wilson...and hit him with a big spoon at Sams Club. It wasn't planned. It just happened.
                    Eat pork roast with a spoon??? Maybe someone should move you up to a fork with a cork on the end...do you wear a helmet when eating....
                    ''True genius,in many fields of human endeaver,is often revealed in elegant simplicity"

Comment

Originally posted by reggie View Post
                      Eat pork roast with a spoon??? Maybe someone should move you up to a fork with a cork on the end...do you wear a helmet when eating....
                      I've got mail I've got mail I've got mail Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
                      Nick
                      Miller 252 Mig
                      Miller Cricket XL
                      Millermatic 150 Mig
                      2-O/A outfits
                      Jet Lathe and Mill
                      Propane Forge

Comment

All the pecan trees in my yard attract squirrels and all the squirrels attract Texas Rat snakes (I've read the larger ones eat squirrels, though I have never caught one in the act). I suspect that, as they do hang around in the trees, the snakes are more likely to eat very young squirrels and birds as well as the bird eggs, but am told the Texas Rat snake is the most beneficial snake in this part of the country. They are also very aggressive and I have no qualms about killing one if he chooses to threaten me. We seem to have enough squirrels to go around so I leave the Rat snakes alone for the most part but I do harvest both pecans and squirrels. The local fox squirrels fattened up on pecans are really good eating. As we live inside the city limits I use a pellet rifle to harvest the squirrels and though I have a good rifle for the purpose (Gamo Varmint Hunter), shot placement is very important so with my old eyes a scope is necessary and effective. I find that killing these destructive varmints relives stress, fills the stomach, and increases the pecan harvest. As far as I know squirrels are the only "rats" that are actually made out of food.
                        Name:  e3d84258aab1f1495aefe397e5f23599.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  7.6 KB
                        Larry

"I feel for the man who can only spell a word one way"......Mark Twain

Lincoln AC225-S (OLD/Copper Wound)
                        Lincoln Weldpac 100
                        Miller Matic 180 (auto set)
                        Miller Spool gun 100
                        Miller Spectrum 375 Extreme
                        Victor Super Range II

Comment

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
                          I was driving home from being out of town one night and pulled over to take a leak. Went a little off the road and behind a bush was a large buck with only the rack removed. No attempt to field dress. Just kill and take the rack. We sure have some lovely people in this world.
                          You ignored my last question and replied only with some stupid joke, so I'm not sure why I'm bothering, but here goes:

Do you think there is a greater percentage of bad hunters or bad cops?

Comment

“Give a man a squirrel; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to squirrel hunt; and you have fed him for a lifetime”
                            Dynasty 200DX
                            MillerMatic 180AS
                            14" Milwaukee Cold Saw
                            8" Milwaukee Metal Circular Saw
                            JD^2 Model 32 Tubing Bender
                            JD^2 Notch Master

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
                              You ignored my last question and replied only with some stupid joke, so I'm not sure why I'm bothering, but here goes:

Do you think there is a greater percentage of bad hunters or bad cops?
                              First.........planned hunting trip verses Cosco.............doesn't make any sense to me. What kind of answer did you expect?

Second .....bad cops...bad hunters........here again you're not making yourself clear. When you say "bad hunter"...........do you mean one with
                              bad skills, lousey shot, can't bring home the bacon........or just a jerk in general? Bad cop...........again, do you mean bad at doing his job, or perhaps one that is also a jerk and abuses his power

Third....I don't know why you're bothering either
                              Nick
                              Miller 252 Mig
                              Miller Cricket XL
                              Millermatic 150 Mig
                              2-O/A outfits
                              Jet Lathe and Mill
                              Propane Forge

Comment

Originally posted by hotstreetvw View Post
                                “Give a man a squirrel; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to squirrel hunt; and you have fed him for a lifetime”
                                Actually I believe the phrase is "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, Teach him to fish and he'll sit in a boat all day drinking beer"
                                Nick
                                Miller 252 Mig
                                Miller Cricket XL
                                Millermatic 150 Mig
                                2-O/A outfits
                                Jet Lathe and Mill
                                Propane Forge

Comment

Working...
                                X