Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let me see some pics of your welding skid

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me see some pics of your welding skid

I am wanting to see some pics of peoples welding skid.

I am wanting to put my TB302 in the back of my truck only for jobs. However Ill be removing it and putting it in my shop to keep it out of the weather when not in use. Also I want it on a skid because I can put it on my 20' trailer and haul it that way.

I am really not sure what I want right now, so I just want to see some pics. I later may build a trailer just for my welder, but that will be at least a few years. I want something right now that is practical, fast to build, and cheap.

Thanks
    Ryan

skid

Moning ACE, headin out right now but wanted to try to give YOU a little encouragement! I got a bobcat I've been wanting to put on skid to do same as you(load on truck or trailer) & came across a pic the other day on a site & will get back to you when I get back home! The neat thing about the welder skid is it had the oxy bottle under the welder...

Comment

Originally posted by roho View Post
      Moning ACE, headin out right now but wanted to try to give YOU a little encouragement! I got a bobcat I've been wanting to put on skid to do same as you(load on truck or trailer) & came across a pic the other day on a site & will get back to you when I get back home! The neat thing about the welder skid is it had the oxy bottle under the welder...
      It may be neat but you might want to check with the D.O.T . Some places want your bottles standing up. A phone call could save a lot of heartache and fines.

Comment

If you do a search there is a "show your rigs" thread.

Edit: http://millerwelds.com/resources/com...highlight=show
        Last edited by Icarus; 05-06-2009, 03:45 PM.

Comment

I looked through the "show your rigs" last night. I did not see what I was looking for. I want to see some pics of removable skids. In show your rigs, it was more of a permanent installation with flatbed trucks. The one I really like is by C wagner, the ACE IND. one.
          Last edited by ace4059; 05-06-2009, 04:09 PM.

Comment

I've seen some built that use a Dew Eze hay bed to lift the welder onto the truck.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.