Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Book Press

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Press

Here are a few shots of a press I built for my wife. Construction was pretty strait forward. I used the screw out of an old C Clamp, some scrap plywood, and 1" flat stock. I put it all together with my Passport. in order to true the guides and screw I hung the press from my rafters in a reverse plumb bob fashion. All and all, pretty fun project and great way to spend a Sunday.
    Attached Files

What is a book press used for & why would you want to press a book?

Comment

It can be used to flatten and hold just about anything while drying. My wife needed it for her art work, however, they are mostly used in book binding.

Comment

Forgot to mention that you did a nice job on it. Thanks for the explanation.

Comment

Another nice work!

Comment

Looks great. Its also nice when we can do a project for the wife or g/f, especially nice when we can have fun doing it. I wish my wife would think up a project that I could build, but for some reason she keeps referring to laundry and dishes.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.