Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stainless and teak gates, glass partition

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless and teak gates, glass partition

I don't spend much time on the computer anymore, so it's been a while since I've posted any projects.

This shows some gates and privacy partitions we did for a residence.
    I guess I forgot to take pics while we were making it all, but here are some snapshots of the finished product.

In the end I was very pleased, as it all came out nice and tidy thanks to planning, planning, and my trusty level.

1. Before
    2. Before
    3. Glass wall with stainless supports
    4. Steel wall with gate beyond
    5. Through gate
    Attached Files

some more

It looks like the pics are coming out small when I attach them. I'm not sure why, but I can't figure out how to change them. Oh well. Good enough.

1. Detail of side gate.
    2. Front gate
    3. Through
    4. Uprights

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files

Comment

Miller and Hobart now have software that resizes the Pics.

Better to use an Offsite host

Comment

Absolutely beautiful! Nice to see the incorperation of wood and glass with metal, just combines so many different skills to make a very nice final product. I saved all those photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
          Miller and Hobart now have software that resizes the Pics.

Better to use an Offsite host
          Ahhh geez.

Thanks Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
            Absolutely beautiful! Nice to see the incorperation of wood and glass with metal, just combines so many different skills to make a very nice final product. I saved all those photos.

Thanks a bunch Conrad-Turbo.

It also requires a lot of equipment at times. It really helps to have a plan. Installation is such a big part in projects like this, that I just consider it an extension of the "build process" anymore. In work like this, mistakes show up like a sore-thumb, and mistakes on-site can be a real PITA (not to mention costly). With this kind of contempory style, so much of it is about keeping everything square, plumb, level, et. because visually there's not a lot of forgiveness. I just try to minimize the mistakes in the shop and be sure to have a plan to anchor it all down once we get it there. Taking the time to do it right the first time is much, much, much, much better than correcting a mistake or oversight later in the game.

The gate frames are made from .063 x 1 x 2 stainless tubing, and those of you who weld stainless know that keeping all things straight and square is a dance in itself.

Comment

Nice work I like the minimal look you went for... Is that solid teak or a veneer?

Comment

Looks great Chris. Is it some place down in San Diego?

Oddly, I have been doing a lot of welding at work as of late (steel). It makes it less fun so as a hobby I've been making music (or at least trying).

Comment

Originally posted by cosmosuave View Post
                  Nice work I like the minimal look you went for... Is that solid teak or a veneer?
                  Thanks Cosmo.

This project was veneer with solid edging.

I gotta say, the veneers are getting thinner and thinner...but the prices don't follow suit.

Comment

Originally posted by tasslehawf View Post
                    Looks great Chris. Is it some place down in San Diego?

Oddly, I have been doing a lot of welding at work as of late (steel). It makes it less fun so as a hobby I've been making music (or at least trying).
                    Thanks, Mike.

This was for a new residence in Mission Beach.

Comment

So I guess the question is now...when are you going to post up more of your projects? Fantastic work by the way!

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.