Completed trellis finially
    Attached Files
    Garrett R. Durio
    Millermatic 180
    Dewalt 14" chop saw
    B&D 7" grinder
    Skill 4 1/2" Grinder
    www.myspace.com/garrettdurio

Like the back feet. I had been thinking about doing that myself.

Nice job.

Comment

Nice job on the arbor.
      Here is one i made. The arch was a little bigger but the ladies love them...Bob
      Attached Files
      Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
      http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
        Nice job on the arbor.
        Here is one i made. The arch was a little bigger but the ladies love them...Bob
        Like the hooks
        Garrett R. Durio
        Millermatic 180
        Dewalt 14" chop saw
        B&D 7" grinder
        Skill 4 1/2" Grinder

Comment

Trellis and Arbor

Great work, guys. I want to build both a trellis and a walk through arbor.
          Would you mind posting the details like dimension and material used? I'll come up with my own design pattern, but knowing how heavy material to use would be a great help!
          Burt
          Miller Thunderbolt XL
          http://www.10FtDrillBit.com

Comment

Bob, do you do anthing different on your "feet" to support the weight on the hooks?

I keep having mine fall over (especially just a one sided hook)....course my feeder hold too much food !!!

I just saw a square design I though about trying, with four pieces sticking into the ground.

Thanks
            Ed

Comment

When i designed my hooks 8 years ago i did something different than everyone else. They all use a seperate rod bent 90* and now you have to pound 2 pcs of rod into the ground. I can pound my hook thru blacktop and i have done it at craft shows. I cut the bottom of the shepherd hook at a 45 with my bandsaw then i cut a piece of 1/4x2" flat 7 inches long and its also cut on a 45 to cut the soil. Then i weld it on the hook so there is 10"-12" of hook at the bottom of the flatbar. So they are pounded in the ground 18-19 inches and they will not tip. Thats what is nice about the flatbar because you can use a big hammer to drive them in if needed. I leave a small gap between the hook and flatbar one for weld penetration and the other to get paint in the crack. That flatbar needs welded on good and i have never had one break off. Those other guys hooks i fix at least a dozen a year with the China one tack on each side....Bob

When i used to go to the craft shows i hung cement blocks on my hooks to show how good they stayed up.
              Attached Files
              Bob Wright

Comment

So the flat is beside the main foot of the hook?? Like a fence post?

Comment

Yes the plate is welded to the barstock. The hook is on the left side.

wb4rt the rod i use is 1/2" sq so i can twist it...Bob
                  Attached Files
                  Bob Wright

Comment

looks great guys, now if i could just get my roses to grow. then i would have an excuse to make some too.
                    thanks for the help
                    ......or..........
                    hope i helped
                    sigpic
                    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
                    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                    JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by wb4rt View Post
                      Great work, guys. I want to build both a trellis and a walk through arbor.
                      Would you mind posting the details like dimension and material used? I'll come up with my own design pattern, but knowing how heavy material to use would be a great help!
                      The center and both outside verticle pieces are 5/8" rebar, the horizontal pieces are 3/4" rebar and the diagonal pieces are 1/4" rebar. The center is 5'6" tall the width is 2 1/2' and the feet are 6"x6"
                      Garrett R. Durio
                      Millermatic 180
                      Dewalt 14" chop saw
                      B&D 7" grinder
                      Skill 4 1/2" Grinder

Comment

Working...
                      X