Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

86 Porsche 944 aluminum bumper

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86 Porsche 944 aluminum bumper

i shaved the big rubber bumper pads off my 944...

Comment

Looks good. Is that thing fast??? ...Bob

Comment

This is for the seven or nine of us that need a before picture.
        Attached Files

Comment

before pix

Comment

Comment

this thing is my work car 30+ MPG --$400.00 deal

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
                Not directed at me but I have a little bit of on track experence in Porsches.
                Power to weight is not all that good but 944s are 50/50 weight balance and handle very well. So they are not fast in the US iron way but will beat many higher HP cars when driven by a skilled driver on track or twisty roads. Where you have to slow down they do not and when they need to slow down they can do so in less time and distance then you can. You may get past the 944 the straight but it can stay on the gas longer, brake later, dive bomb and take the corner from you. Where the he!! did he come from?! sure messes you up in the middle of a corner.

944s can be inexpensive to purchase but can also break your heart or wallet if you are not handy enough to do your own repairs. They tend to eat #2 main bearing when tracked hard unless some precautions are taken. Timing belts are not to be neglected or they wil break and take out the motor. The 944 Turbo (951) is almost the best of both, good power and great handling in a sub $10K platform.

I like the no baby bumpers look!
                Last edited by Vicegrip; 04-20-2009, 07:40 AM.

Comment

yep this thing handles very well, i live in the country & on the way home there is a 25 mph curve that at about 60-65 mph takes it very nice

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.