Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crane system that I just finished.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crane system that I just finished.

Here are some pictures of a crane system that I designed, fabricated and erected.

This system is for a company that builds gear boxes and transmissions for for the military vehicles.

This is a loopng crane that has 10 hoists on it so I had to do the buss duct to supply power to all the cranes so they can just keep running around the ovals and not worry about tangled chords.

The steel work was pretty easy but modifying the trolleys to hold what they call the collector took me a bit of research and then rolling the 3 lines of duct bar all at a different radiouse took some time.

I'm very happy with the way it all turned out.
    Attached Files

Here are more pictures my computer quit so I had to reboot it.

I forgot to mention exactly what this is for.
    Its an assembly line and they will have approx. 6 stations.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Portable Welder View Post
      I'm very happy with the way it all turned out.

You should be! Very impressive!

Comment

I've learned the more time you plan out a job even the assembly steps,the job comes out great.Also,you'll have no rework!Beautiful ironwork!

Comment

I can't help but ask... could you please post up some pics of your bender?

Comment

Here are some pics of the roller we built this winter.

The rollers are made out of 3" diameter dom tube that is 1/2" wall thickness.

Its not one of those things you use every day but when you need it you need it.

By the way, The rolled I- Beam was not done with this roller but the rolling of the electrical figure 8 duct bar was.
            Attached Files

Comment

looks like that will work good. Nice work.

Comment

Very interesting project, it looks like it turned out great!

Comment

I'm pretty happy with this project, The only part that I did not do was the little breaker box that mounts to my trolley and wiring the collectors to the little breaker box.

After this project I'm thinking that I should advertise in the phone book under cranes.

Just not sure what type of certifications that are needed to be a crane builder.

I did this system without engineered drawings due to its size.

The structure was a little over built to give a safety factor, I'm sure it will handle 3 times the weight that all ten cranes can lift together.

As far as electrical goes my master electrician will cover that.

So any way what does it take to be a certified crane inspector.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.