Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off The Wall Tube Bender

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off The Wall Tube Bender

Wanted to build a Tube Bender powered by my Jeep's Warn winch. Kinda different, but I've invested less than $100 bucks in it not including the die set. Not sure of its capabilities yet, but here's a few pics!:

And in less than 10 seconds!!!!:

That is awesome!Great job on the bender.What kind of dies are you using?I would so love to have a bender in my shop.I want to build a winch bumper for my ram i use for a beater truck on the farm,but my design i have i need to bend some tubing for it.
    Awesome job.

Comment

It's a JD2 die from Van Sant Enterprises.

Comment

WOW!! How absolutley inovative

it makes me rethink all my bender thoughts

Comment

Clever setup with lots of time spent thinking and building by the looks. Thanks for posting it.

Comment

Interesting use of available power attachments you already have. Keep us up on your ideas and new creations. I personally would like to see more of this kind of outside the box thinking.

Peace,
            Paul

Comment

You could bend tubing on the trail!

Comment

Originally posted by bob_e95482 View Post
                You could bend tubing on the trail!
                Depending whether you're wheeling right (or wrong) some people do bend a lot of tubing on the trail.

Just need a welder powered off the serp belt and you got a mobile shop!

Comment

Great concept! I love seeing fresh solutions when people step back and eliminate all assumptions.

Comment

Certainly not built for the trail! LOL, besides it would severely hurt my approach angle! Thanks for the comments. When I began thinking of how to build one that was powered by something other than hydraulics or armstrong my 9000# winch came to mind. I have to say that it's way faster than any hydraulic bender I've seen, and I can bend a 180 degree bend without having to reset the die.
                    First bend, it was stand back have to see what's gonna happen, but no wierd noises, cracks or pops, just a fast smooth bend!

Comment

If I only had a 1/10th of the knowledge some of you guys have.

J.T.Frick

Comment

That's some slick use of a winch to build a useful tool... Great job.

I'm going to study it some more to figure out the design,but you need to draw that up and sell plans. Very interesting design,everyone is always looking for a tube bender built on a shoestring. Impressive use of what you had to work with.

I assume you can change dies for larger size tubes..... How large a tube do you think you could bend with it?

Thanks for sharing with everyone.

Comment

Very Cool

Nice job. Any plans for you tube pics?

Comment

Having just bent up a roll cage out of 1.5 x .120 DOM tubing with much grunting, what is the largest tubing you have bent? I have a Dodge Turbo Diesel 4 x 4 with a Warn 8000 lb portable winch that I could use if I am EVER foolish enough to do this again. Wonderful rig!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.