No announcement yet.

New to forum and have quick question

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're both right; I should lighten up. Stress is gonna send me to an early grave----quickly!!

And James, you're right about trying stuff that seems utterly stupid, but I'd also suggest that we all try stuff FIRST and THEN submit it as "advice" to a newbie. Even when a newbie ain't a newbie we all oughta have our ducks in a row before we go directin' the flock. Agreed?
    Clint Baxley
    Baxley Welding Service
    Rembert, SC 29128

sounded like he uses wd40 all the time one aluminum. so i figured he had tried it.
      i know i use bees wax all the time, so i don't have any regrets about recommending it.
      i would not recommend trying some thing new on a paying job, try it out on scrap first. advice over the internet should always be taken with a grain of salt. i think you should always think about the advice and decide for your self if its worth a try and do so at your own risk.i do my best to give only good advice be it 2nd hand advice i have read here or 1st had that i have tried. but not every one is like that. it would be nice if every thing you read here was all perfect advice, but hey its an open forum so you get what ya get. so try to do the best you can with it.
      i general try to ad weather my advice is first hand or 2nd hand but not always. if i say i tried it and got good results, then i did. although i don't know for shore you will get the same results. so its best to try for your self.
      i think the new-bee's need to know that and act accordingly.
      is the WD-40 on aluminum as a cleaner a dad idea ?? i don't see it as a dangerous one unless you have puddles of it all over the welding table.although i regularly wipe down my welding table with a WD-40 type spry to keep the rust off it.its works quite well for that. but i don't leave puddles when i weld. giving dangerous advice is always a bad idea. like using acet. for a shielding gas. extremely dangerous and a bad idea. using Co2 as a shielding gas on the other had would result in a bad weld but i don't see any danger in it.

in short, yes you should watch what you post as advice, but just as important, you should watch what advice you take. although its getting to be a strange concept for many, you should take responsibility for your own actions. regardless of the source if inspiration.
      thanks for the help
      hope i helped
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat.
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.