Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weld table and super log splitter!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weld table and super log splitter!

Been almost a year since I have been on here. Have a couple projects I did this winter. I made a log splitter out of 12"x45x15' I-beam with a 5" bore X 48"
    Stroke cylinder. Push plate is 1 1/4" X 18" square with 5/16" dowel pins for grip. All mounted upside down for no touch log splitting in the comport of the cockpit of my Bobcat. I still have to get painted but have not done do since I'm going to add some extra steel on the wedge for a 6 way split.
    Just put together a weld table that has a 5'X10'X1" plate. 3"X3"X7ga. sq. tube for legs. I added racks for clamps, receiver hitch type sockets on all 4 corners for what ever things you would want to add. At the moment I have a vice and a 10' piece of 3"X1/4" angle for welding round stock. Have not painted yet but am going to try selling these. Would also like to look into getting top surface ground. Anyone know how much that would cost?
    Attached Files

Very nice. Any idea on the table's weight?

Comment

Wow!!! Nice job on that table

Comment

Top is 2000 and a couple hundred on the legs. Should come in just under 2500lbs.

Comment

Nice table!!

I am looking into putting similiar leveling feet on my table, mind I ask what size stem and manufacture? Surely yours shouldn't warp much nor move around!!

Tim---I think my table would sit on the shelf of yours!

Comment

Bought out of Grainger, don't have manufacture info right now, I'm at work. They were 3/4"-10 bolt size. I bought the female pads and were $25 a piece.

Comment

Thanks, I will look into them at Graingers. As well I have seen some (don't know their capacity) available from Industrial Caster?

Are you offering free shipping?? (LOL)

Tim

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.