ot : digtal camera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ot : digtal camera

I thinking bout getting this camera I was wondering what y`all thought of it,reason I may get it is co I can take pic. of my project & put them on here ALOT faster then a dispable camera , would this be a good camera ?http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=A1171339

Inferno Forge

Chris

if you're lookin' for cheap, I use this one and it works great. http://www.thecameraprofessionals.co...FRUHWAodJXL5Kg

The macro mode (for closeups) has it's own button on the back, so taking close pics of weld is really easy. It uses regular AA batteries also.

Comment

The Kodak C653 and C643 are the same list price as the C613. So if you're dead set on getting a Kodak, I'd look for a comparison chart of features for the 3 of them.

Comment

A 1 or 2 mp camera is just fine for putting pics on the forum. Keep your files on the small side or you can't get them on the forum.
        Nick
        Miller 252 Mig
        Miller Cricket XL
        Millermatic 150 Mig
        Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
        2-O/A outfits
        Jet Lathe and Mill
        Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
        DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
        Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
        20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
        Propane Forge
        60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
        Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
        and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

I'd get the Fuji!!! TS-OFF-ROAD uses it with great success, all my friends that have Kodak, ALWAYS,ALWAYS,ALWAYS breaking down!!! I have a olympus and paid $350 for it 4 years ago. Still working great, but now I have to get my cards online, as the smartcard isn't sold in stores anymore. Well, I don't buy anymore, just get rid of the ones I don't need, or print them/save them on disk and start over again
          I'm not late...
          I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

well my mom bought a Computer from dell and paid it off before the year and got a free $75 dollar credit so it would be cheap like $35 for the camera , $65 for the camera and memory card

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

sounds like a good deal to me
              I'm not late...
              I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

YEAH thats why probally get it

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

I would second the notion of avoiding the Kodak consumer-level cameras and go for a Fuji instead. Our studio camera is a Kodak SLR (Nikon body) but that's a whole other ($5000) animal.

The Fuji's have great optics and the xD card format they use is very fast and small and comes in high capacities. We have four of them at work
                  (different vintages) in various departments and they work with little fuss.

The FinePix Exxx series is a good one.

Chris

Comment

i have 2 of the predecessor of that camera the easy share CX6230 (newer one we use for family pic's mostly in the house) and the CX4200. the 4200 is the old one i take to the shop and all over the place. they both run on 2ea AA battery's, get some rechargeable. the viewer uses up the battery's fast. i keep both the pic's set on there lowest resolution and still have to reduce them to get them on the forum. both have a macro setting and are purity easy to use. the CX6230 takes better close up shots so i suspect the one you want will also take good close ups. just push the shutter button slow as 1/2 down sets the focus then finish the push for taking the pic. if you just push it quick the focus doesn't work out so well some times. you can also use the view screen wile taking the pic's, this really helps with close ups in macro mode. you can watch it focus before taking the pic and if you don't like it don't finish the push to take the pic. even in the lowest resolution 5"X7" pic's printed at wally-world or where ever you take the disk to get them printed comes out great. just transfer the pic's you want onto a CD and take that in for printing.
                    gives you the opportunity to take a million pic's for on here for free and also take shots of other stuff to print as well.
                    in the low resolution you will be able to store about 4,000 pic's with a 1GB SD card i have an old 128mb SD card and can store like 700 pic's but it gets out of control fast if you don't download fairly often.
                    if you can get it that cheap i would say go for it, it will do fine for your needs.
                    thanks for the help
                    ......or..........
                    hope i helped
                    sigpic
                    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
                    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                    JAMES

Comment

thanks James , probally order it this evening

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

well just ordered one here it is , also ordered a 2 gb memroy card http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=A1171339 I belive I `ll like it they said it would be shipped monday

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

well is that one good,
                          James/Fun

how do you put all the pics on your puter? surely you don`t save them or do you? and can you delete pics that you put in posts on your pics file?

sorry don`t mean to pick on ya but you post so many pics.

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

it should be fine. it looks like the next generation of mine. it also has the move making option the wife uses that for baby stuff she can send to her mom/sister.
                            as for saving the pic's i download them from the camera to my computer and then put them in the file folders i want to keep them in if i want to keep them of into a temp. folder to upload to the site. i don't have my pic's posted to a hosting site so i cant put them into the posts so you see them without clicking on the link but after i have loaded it with the manage attachments button (below the submit reply button) i can delete it from my computer as its stored on Millers site/server so they are keeping it for every one here to see.
                            i did not like the Kodak picture filing system because if you deleted a picture from one file it automatically deleted it from all other files it might be in on the computer. i copy my pic's to other folder for different reasons and if i chose to delete it from one i don't always want it gone from all other folders.
                            the wife and i have several folders with pic's in them. we keep our camera on its lowest setting so its no biggie to have a few 1,000 pic's on the computer, other than finding the one you want. that can be a problem at times but its nice to have pic's from 6 years ago easy to access.

you should be real happy with that camera, looking forward to seeing your projects.
                            Attached Files
                            thanks for the help
                            ......or..........
                            hope i helped
                            sigpic
                            feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
                            summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                            JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
                              it should be fine. it looks like the next generation of mine. it also has the move making option the wife uses that for baby stuff she can send to her mom/sister.
                              as for saving the pic's i download them from the camera to my computer and then put them in the file folders i want to keep them in if i want to keep them of into a temp. folder to upload to the site. i don't have my pic's posted to a hosting site so i cant put them into the posts so you see them without clicking on the link but after i have loaded it with the manage attachments button (below the submit reply button) i can delete it from my computer as its stored on Millers site/server so they are keeping it for every one here to see.
                              i did not like the Kodak picture filing system because if you deleted a picture from one file it automatically deleted it from all other files it might be in on the computer. i copy my pic's to other folder for different reasons and if i chose to delete it from one i don't always want it gone from all other folders.
                              the wife and i have several folders with pic's in them. we keep our camera on its lowest setting so its no biggie to have a few 1,000 pic's on the computer, other than finding the one you want. that can be a problem at times but its nice to have pic's from 6 years ago easy to access.

you should be real happy with that camera, looking forward to seeing your projects.
                              THANKS JAMES, you helped me alot ,they shipped the camera today , I have a bunch of projects to take pics of

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X