No announcement yet.

ot : digtal camera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no problem i have a few of the same cameras only older models and have been very happy with them.
    they may not be pro. grade cameras for photographers but for a home camera, they are great.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

as long as there work for pics of my welding projects then its GREAT

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

My dad got the exact same camera when it first came out (several years ago). It is an excellent camera, but is a bit limited on zoom. Don't worry about the printer dock, you won't need it anyway. He moved on to a Sony after he saw my Kodak. Mine is a much more sophisticated camera. I've had my Kodak a year with no problems, but if I really want to get serious I get out my old Chinon.

The camera should come with adobe imageready if I remember correctly. It is software for optimizing photos for the web. High resolution images aren't necessary for the web and they take a long time uploading and downloading.
        Lincoln: Eagle 10,000, Weld-Pak HD, Weld-Pak 155, AC-225, LN-25 wirefeeder
        Miller: Syncrowave 250DX Tigrunner
        Westinghouse: 400+ amp AC
        ThermalArc Handy wirefeeder
        1 Harris, 3 Victor O/A rigs
        Arcair gouger
        Too many other power toys to list.

Do it right, do it once. And in all things ya get what ya pay for.

Comment

i taped the plastic dock plate that comes with the camera to the top of my computer so i can set the camera into it wile its downloading threw the USB cord. but did not spend the $ for the dock, it seemed like a lot of $$ just so you don't have to plug in the USB cord ?? but the plastic dock plate keeps the camera from sliding off wile its on the computer.
          wireburner what operating system do you have on your computer ?? if its XP you should download the image resizer microsoft offers as a power toy. even on the lowest resolution your camera is going to be taking pic's over 100 kbs so you will still have to resize them to put on here. the image resizer dose this without blurring the pic and its simple to use. also dose several pic's at the same time. i just pick all the pic's i'm planing to upload and resize them all at once. its a real time saver to not have to open every pic and shrink them one at a time.
          as long as i can keep this computer from crashing and making me upgrade to VISTA i'll be ok. i don't think they have the resizer for VISTA. but from what i have herd about VISTA resizing is the least of its problems.
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

Wireburner,

I think you'll like that little Kodak. For the price you'll have invested it's a no-brainer! A friend has basically the same model, except for being 5.1 megapixel, the same zoom and everything. He loves it. As the guys here have pointed out, you don't need high resolution for posting on the internet or emailing. My wife and I both have Nikon cameras, and they have a 1024x768 setting that is just the right size for a 17" computer monitor, and it's only .8 meg. The 640x480 setting is great for posting here and emailing. A 512MB memory card will hold something like 2000 pictures. At the 3MB setting on my camera the 512MB card will still hold 590 pics. I upload the ones I want to keep to the computer, so 2 cards does everything I want to do. We have 3 digital cameras, and I don't really care for the programs that came with any of them. I just upload the pics to the computer using the Windows picture and fax viewer, and do any editing I want to do with Irfanview. Irfanview is a free photo program that you can download from www.irfanview.com I use Irfanview to make my avatar and signature pics for the internet forums that I frequent.
            Lincoln Tombstone 180 AC
            Hobart Handler 120
            Millermatic 210
            Old Harris O/A setup
            Victor SuperRange II on propane
            Hypertherm Powermax 380
            Ryobi 14" chop saw
            Milwaukee Sawzall
            A bunch of grinders
            A lotta other tools

Check out my website at: Ed Eldridge's Race Page

sigpic

Comment

Hey James, is that you on the bike??? I thought you were broken???
              YOU COULD GET HURT DOING THAT!!!!!!!!!!
              I'm not late...
              I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

yea thats me. thats one of them rock crawler bikes. it is about 100 lbs gassed up and ready to go. i was doing about 2 mph in circles. could have stepped off and walked away had a sandwich and came back before it fell over. neat bike, kinda looks like a banana with wheels. they are very good at what they do though no question about that. heck you can bunny hop it like you used to do a 20" bicycle as a kid.. just don't try sitting on the seat........well if you want to call it a seat.
                OH and thats a 7 year old pic, back when i was still just taking codeine for pain. my dirt bike riding days are purity much gone but a walk around the parking lot never hurt anyone.

now take a look at my first son at 2 and tell me he wasn't out of control. thats the coolest part of digital cameras you can flip threw old stuff like that.
                you have to view the 2 pic's in order, its a motion shot. some times i wonder how he servived to make it to 8.
                Attached Files
                thanks for the help
                ......or..........
                hope i helped
                sigpic
                JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by cpetrauskas View Post
                  I would second the notion of avoiding the Kodak consumer-level cameras and go for a Fuji instead. Our studio camera is a Kodak SLR (Nikon body) but that's a whole other ($5000) animal.

The Fuji's have great optics and the xD card format they use is very fast and small and comes in high capacities. We have four of them at work
                  (different vintages) in various departments and they work with little fuss.

The FinePix Exxx series is a good one.

Chris
                  I agree with Chris. Not that I have tons of experience with different cameras but the one Kodak I tried several years ago left me wanting........something.

I bought a Fuji FinePix S5000 for $450 back in 2003 and I've never looked back...I use it all the time and the only thing that's ever gone wrong with it has been changing the batteries about once a month. It'll go all the way up to 6mP and the zoom is super! Macro is a breeze. I guess if I had to pick something to fuss about, it would be the lack of a WideAngle mode (ie: 28mm ILO 35mm).

Just my .02
                  sigpic
                  Clint Baxley
                  Baxley Welding Service
                  Rembert, SC 29128

Comment

Well I got it but they are sending the memory stick in a differnt package but you can take up to 10 pics with out 1 ,I like

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

Well, that means you can show us 10 pics at a time of your projects, let's see some. Dave
                      If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

sigpicJohn Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
                      Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Comment

yeah , but its at home , I`am at my g-parents house now, I will have y`all some pics before long

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

take your 10 pics, save them to the computer, erase the camera, take 10 more, etc
                          I'm not late...
                          I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

camera's

This is what I got for my self for work and play.

Panasonic Lumix DMCFZ8K Digital Camera - Black
                            7.2 megapixel 12x optical zoom, 4x digital zoom 2.5-inch high resolution LCD Leica DC VARIO-ELMARIT Lens Optical Image Stabilizer.Lithium ion Battery.

I'm good for about 650 pics with a 2 meg card.The battery will last about 2 weeks before a recharge.This is a middle of the road type of camera.
                            If I were to write a review about this unit I would say get one you wont regreat it.

Comment

if it said its good for 10 pic's without a stick i would suspect its 10 pic's on high resolution. drop it down to low and you will likely get closer to 100.
                              i just realized the camera i had before these 2 is also a Kodak easy share, it required 4 AA battery's witch was cool as it lasted longer but the USB load cable got messed up so we had to take the card out and download it separately, real pain. so we got a new one, the cx6230. after you get used to a digital camera its hard to think about going back to film. kinda like TV VS TV with a DVD, both let ya watch stuff but DVD gives you many more options. just couldn't imagine being without one now.
                              thanks for the help
                              ......or..........
                              hope i helped
                              sigpic
                              JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by Darmik View Post
                                This is what I got for my self for work and play.

Panasonic Lumix DMCFZ8K Digital Camera - Black
                                7.2 megapixel 12x optical zoom, 4x digital zoom 2.5-inch high resolution LCD Leica DC VARIO-ELMARIT Lens Optical Image Stabilizer.Lithium ion Battery.

I'm good for about 650 pics with a 2 meg card.The battery will last about 2 weeks before a recharge.This is a middle of the road type of camera.
                                If I were to write a review about this unit I would say get one you wont regreat it.
                                2 meg card ?????????????????????????? do you mean gig?
                                Nick
                                Miller 252 Mig
                                Miller Cricket XL
                                Millermatic 150 Mig
                                Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
                                2-O/A outfits
                                Jet Lathe and Mill
                                Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
                                DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
                                Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
                                20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
                                Propane Forge
                                60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
                                Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
                                and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X