Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigs getting bigger/more toys

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigs getting bigger/more toys

Just added another diamond plate box bringing the total to 5.This one is on the p-side top 48"x18"x18"barndoor.In the front 2' left open,there is going to be a Cox hand crank 1/2"air reel waiting for it to get here setting it up with 150' of hose to run my new 3/4"IR gun and air arcing.
    Attached Files

what kind of work do you do that you need a 3/4 in impact wrench?

Comment

Originally posted by metalmeltr View Post
      what kind of work do you do that you need a 3/4 in impact wrench?
      Heavy equipment Excavators,loaders,crusher plants.And anything my 1/2" gun won,t bust.

Comment

Reels mounted

Here are a few pics got the reel mounted this morning.Now need to get plumbed and buy 150' of 1/2"air hose.
        Attached Files

Comment

Rig looks good Adams, best to keep them boxs locked up tight!

Comment

Originally posted by ProudBlackMan View Post
            PBM is right!!! More you have on there, more candy for the ice heads!!!

lmao....After the 1st pic, I was thinking: What's wrong with him!! There's room on the right side for a small box!!! Then I see that's where the reel was going!!!!!!!!!!! Looks awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I actually use my 3/4 as much or more on my truck as 1/2.

Comment

I probly would too if I worked on heavy equipment but on a car or light truck ther isnt mch use for one, does any one have a 1" impact

Comment

I use a 1" more than my 3/4. But My IR 1/2" ti is still used the most.

Comment

Originally posted by ProudBlackMan View Post
                    Thanks there locked even when the trucks locked in the shop overnight.

Comment

Adam, Your down fall is probably your compressor.

I was cutting a 12 yard dump box and the pintle hitch off a truck yester day evening and had to keep waiting for the compressor to build back up so I could keep air arcing and the customer was getting a little irritated with me standing around while being on the clock at $ 80.00 Hr.

I dont usually have that much continuouse air arcing and usually my compressor does fine but she was struggling last night.

I need to get the bigger hose on my truck as well as a 3/4" impact, I have the big & bad 1/2" TI Ingersorand impact but its useless on the heavy equipment.

Good luck Adam, As always your truck looks great.

The only problem with your truck is that its not red.

Comment

Originally posted by admweld View Post
                        Thanks there locked even when the trucks locked in the shop overnight.
                        It's unfortunate that it has to be that way.

Nice looking rig!!!

Comment

All plumbed in i,ll snap a few pics later for ya guys.Thanks for the compliments on the rig.Sorry, Portable all blue in my world.Ialso have seen my comp. struggle to keep up.Hoping this helps but won,t know till i try.Need to try the HT plasma of the 3ph. side of the BB402D also, all wired up just never tried it.Can we add another tank somewhere Portable for more air storage?
                          Last edited by admweld; 04-04-2009, 12:28 PM.

Comment

I have 2 100# lp tanks under the truck.
                            Attached Files

Comment

few final pics

A look down of the stairs in my shop.And a close up of the regulator,pipe union,flex hose to reel.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.