30 minutes saved me 8-10 hours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 minutes saved me 8-10 hours

It is great to have a welding machine at the house. I will try to make this short, but I am building me a small welding shop behind the house. I do a little side work and make stuff for freinds and family all the time. Basically I grew up in my Dads welding shop as a kid and you just can't get that out of your blood. So I decided to build me a small work shop.

Anyway, I have a 9'X7' door coming out the side of the shop and wanted a small patio out there. A freind of mine works for a concrete company and got 16 - 2'X3'X3 1/2" thick patio blocks for free....

These things weigh in at around 320-350# each. We unloaded them by hand from the trailer and at that time I decided to either rent a bobcat or come up with a way to manipulate these into position because I wasn't going to carry them anymore.

That is when I came up with this;

It is my cherry picker that I just welded a tongue and support brace to. All I have to do is remove 3 bolts from the base of cherry picker frame and drive off with it. It attaches to my lawn mower like this;

When i want to remove it, i just back the tractor over the cherry picker frame and bolt it back down and remove the pin and bolt from the tractor.

I had to add some counter weights to the front, John Deere makes them, but why buy when you can make;

Here it is in action;

It took a whole bunch of time out of this project and I see me using this thing a lot around the house.

Comment

Great project.

Comment

WoW.... Great Project...Let's see MORE!
        RoHo
        Dayton, Texas

Comment

Great idea! That will save the old back.

Comment

but i chopped up my lawnmower to make my cart.
            TB 325
            TB 302
            dynasty 200sd
            spoolmatic 30a/wc24
            suitcase x-treme 12vs
            miller 211
            evolution rage 2

Comment

I think I see more than just a cherry picker used on that lawn mower in the future...just make more attachments!

Very nice idea, definitely beats breaking your back for a patio.
              Precision is only as important as the project...if you're building a rocket ship...1/64" would matter. If you're building a sledgehammer...an 1/8" probably wont.

Comment

That looks like Happy Times. Time, money, great project and a buddy.

my life sucks
                MillerMatic 140 Auto-Set

Comment

That's some good thinking!
                  Great idea, great job, and fantastic post!
                  Keep the projects coming.
                  Thanks for sharing.
                  Maxstar 200DX
                  Maxstar 300DX
                  Dynasty 200DX
                  Passport
                  Spectrum 701
                  LMSW-52 spot welder

Comment

Nice job!
                    sigpic

Miller 140 w A/S
                    HF 90 Amp Flux Core
                    Dewalt Chop Saw
                    Smith O/A Torch
                    Ryobi, HF grinders

Harley Electra Glide Classic

Comment

Your next project should be connecting a small hydraulic pump to the engine...

80% of failures are from 20% of causes
                      Never compromise your principles today in the name of furthering them in the future.
                      "All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work." -Sgt. Bilko
                      "We are generally better persuaded by reasons we discover ourselves than by those given to us by others." -Pascal
                      "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." -Pascal

Comment

Muy bien-Great job.
                        Millermatic 211 AutoSet w/MVP
                        Century 110 volt 90/110 MIG-Gone to my son, in Texas
                        Victor SuperRange OA
                        Milwaukee Cold Cut Saw
                        Milwaukee Portable Deep Cut Bandsaw
                        Milwaukee Hole Hawg
                        Jet Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw
                        Jet MD-18 Mill Drill
                        Orbit Drill Press
                        12 Ton Floor Press
                        2002 E-350 V-10:
                        1983 F-150 4.9L 6
                        2004 Honda ST1300
                        2007 Suzuki LTA400F Quad
                        1997 Suzuki DR650

Comment

hydrostatic

I'm not too familiar with the latest models, but we had a 420 with "hydrostatic" that had accessory connections to plug in hydraulic doodads. The pump would run just about anything well we hooked up to it as long as we weren't driving full bore when we tried. Are these newer models not traditional hydrostatic or have they made the system less modification friendly where you have to add another pump?
                          Joe
                          wrench3047@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by wrench3047 View Post
                            I'm not too familiar with the latest models, but we had a 420 with "hydrostatic" that had accessory connections to plug in hydraulic doodads. The pump would run just about anything well we hooked up to it as long as we weren't driving full bore when we tried. Are these newer models not traditional hydrostatic or have they made the system less modification friendly where you have to add another pump?
                            This one has a hydrostat transmission, but I have not found any accessory plugs. It's a GX325 if anyone has any info, it would be much appreciated. I have found several projects for this around here, but the manual pumping sucks....Plus I have other ideas like a log splitter for this thing..

Comment

That will get a lot of use. I made my old john Deere into a mower/ dump bed

Comment

Working...
                              X