Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welding table, or Welding trailer?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welding table, or Welding trailer?

Or both. Needed to put a trailer together for my new Bobcat 250 and I needed a welding table.

And I think Ford Blue is very close to Miller Blue.

I added 3 pieces of re-bar to make a curtain rod that hangs just behind the table with a welding blanket hanging on it. Nice addition, table works great.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bc65925; 03-30-2009, 05:56 PM. Reason: OK, attached safety and tail light protection.

Got the pictures do upload
    Attached Files

Comment

Very cool idear!!!

Comment

Nice set-up except what are your plans to deal with the GAS CAP right beside the table??

Comment

paint color

BC, can't remember Miller blue paint color but there is 2 that's real close....Maybe do a search on this site & find it! I got it wrote down somewhere....Maybe sail blue or royal blue...Good time for someone to chime in with colors! Trailer Looks good!

Comment

Rustoleum Safety blue is a close match for Miller blue....Jim

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
              Nice set-up except what are your plans to deal with the GAS CAP right beside the table??
              and the next post well be " there was an explosion" and wasn't there just one that was about 'why did that fuel tank blow up'..
              I'm going have to do some more thinking on my welder trailer.

Comment

I had plans of doing something to guard the welder

Just had not figured out how yet. Did last night.

I am going to weld on a couple pieces of rebar about 4 or so feet tall and one accross the top from one to the other and hang a welding blanket on there like a shower curtain.

I didn't want to scar up my new welder, and keeping the sparks away from the gas tank is a good idea.

I will post pictures when done, I have it all apart now painting the trailer Ford Tractor Blue.

Comment

No picture yet but I added the curtain rod.

I took everything off of the trailer including the fenders and shackles, sanded down the ugly red and painted it blue. Then while the paint was drying I welded on some rebar to make a curtain rod that is 4 foot high just behind the welding table to accept a welding blanket.

I then put it back together. I dont have any plans of pulling this trailer up and down the road. If I transport I'll either put it in the back of my truck or pull it up on my big trailer but since lights came with it I thought I'd put them on. Well, just after getting it all wired up I thought I'd pull it up to the truck to see if they worked and I tiped the trailer up a bit to far and broke both lights. #(@*@*$@#$!!!!!!!

Comment

I am hoping you left enuff room for air to flow correctly when the machine is running. If the blanket is attatched to the table then ok but if to the trailer then I'll wait for pics.
                    I hope you don't think I am picking on you here it just seems like maybe you are making things faster than normal experience would tell you not to do.
                    I think your trailer is too small for a table and would scrap that idea altogether.
                    As for welding on something that the paint was drying on....that just freeks me out altogether!!! Was it water based??
                    Last edited by FusionKing; 03-29-2009, 05:36 PM.

Comment

All I want to know is whare is the vise.

Comment

Funny you should ask....

The vice is coming. I have a vice that is mounted on an apparatus that fits into the hitch on my truck. It comes in real handy when I am cutting firewood and need to sharpen my saw. Anyway, my plan is to weld a box receiver on the trailer somewhere to accept this. Figured it would give me a good place to store it when I am not out cutting wood and would also be useful on the welding trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
                          I am hoping you left enuff room for air to flow correctly when the machine is running. If the blanket is attatched to the table then ok but if to the trailer then I'll wait for pics.
                          I hope you don't think I am picking on you here it just seems like maybe you are making things faster than normal experience would tell you not to do.
                          I think your trailer is too small for a table and would scrap that idea altogether.
                          As for welding on something that the paint was drying on....that just freeks me out altogether!!! Was it water based??
                          Guess I wasn't clear enough. The paint was drying on the trailer frame, I was welding on the frame I put together for the welder that bolts onto the trailer.

And yes there is enough room for air flow. The blanket and table are further away from the welder than the requirements that came with the welder. I made sure that I could still get into the access panel on that side. Trailer is small, but everything I have done with it so far it has been great. Had a 55lb anvil up on it this weekend welding together a anvil stand and it held up just fine. Thanks for all of the questions though.

Comment

Originally posted by bc65925 View Post
                            Guess I wasn't clear enough. The paint was drying on the trailer frame, I was welding on the frame I put together for the welder that bolts onto the trailer.

And yes there is enough room for air flow. The blanket and table are further away from the welder than the requirements that came with the welder. I made sure that I could still get into the access panel on that side. Trailer is small, but everything I have done with it so far it has been great. Had a 55lb anvil up on it this weekend welding together a anvil stand and it held up just fine. Thanks for all of the questions though.

Cool...Glad we cleared all that up
                            So what kind of work are you gonna do with it now?

Comment

I use Ford tractor blue on all my shop equipment I build so everything matches the Millers. Very pleasing to the eyes!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.