No announcement yet.

New But Not

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is one SERIOUSLY bigazzshovel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Shiite Muslim, Batman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fan website is really kewl...never seen anything quite like that before.

Do you have a website for ArcOne? Nothing I'm trying is coming up on Google. I'd like to see their stuff.

I still think I'll end up wth either a MM210 or a MM212 with spool gun by Monday afternoon. Probably an HTP version of the 3035, but I've been wanting to buy something from them for over two years. One of these days I'm GOING to shell out the $3000 for their Invertig201 AC/DC!
    sigpic
    Clint Baxley
    Baxley Welding Service
    Rembert, SC 29128

Comment

Never mind..........after all of that, I accidentally joined the two words and found them by accident!

http://www.arc1weldsafe.com/weldingmachines.htm
      sigpic
      Clint Baxley
      Baxley Welding Service
      Rembert, SC 29128

Comment

Originally posted by BWS29128 View Post
        Never mind..........after all of that, I accidentally joined the two words and found them by accident!
        that is funny, my local weld supply carried the arc one inverter. now they will try to sell the maxstar. a friend used to work there and he demo'ed the machine to me and said it would burn 1/8 7018 rods. if it don't bring it back. i took it home and tried it out. plugged it in to 110 power and i burned about 2 pounds of 1/8 7018 before i gave up on trying to make it cycle out. it is a little hard to start the arc though. it wont run 3/32 6010, but will run 3/32 6011, not 1/8 6011. arc1 said that it will scratch start tig, so i tried. let me tell you now, dont waste your time. it is a very good stick machine though.
        welder_one

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal
        www.sicfabrications.com

Comment

here are a couple more pics of some projects: an aluminum dust pan (boredom) and a 2 legged bar stool out of aluminum. i thought my shop at home needed a little more stuff crammed in somehow.lol ooh, i almost forgot... also a pic of an aluminum parts washer/ solvent tank. (i have access to a lot of "scrap" aluminum)
          Attached Files
          welder_one

www.sicfabrications.com

Comment

one more of the bar stool
            Attached Files
            welder_one

www.sicfabrications.com

Comment

I like the bar stool

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

thanks. lot of fun
                welder_one

www.sicfabrications.com

Comment

do you weld on carbon to ? just wondering

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

i do weld carbon and alot of other metals. i used to work in the rock quarries. no room for aluminum there. the job that i have now, almost everything is made of aluminum. at interstate sign i work in a department called special projects. i get engineer/ architectural drawings or even just a painting of what a sign is supposed to look like and then asked by my boss "can you build this. just make it work, please" so i am given a lot of creative room with aluminum. if you go to disney world in fl, all of those signs there, even the ones with tv's in them, i made them. all of the signs that change faces over the toll booths on the florida turnpike system, i made them. new jersey, new york, kansas, and others. i get some pretty weird ones too though, like at jacksonville international airport, in jax, fl. i made a sign that is 14 ft 6 inches tall and 63 feet long. 8 feet deep, has its own heat and air, running water, and sleep quarters. it has a 20 foot jumbotron(tv) in one end and a variable message display in the other that is 29 feet long. in the middle the sign "pokes out" 1 foot and up 6 inches. that part is 10 feet wide. fun part: no right angles. the designers did not want any right angles anywhere on that sign. sorry i got a little off track there (bad habit)lol
                    welder_one

www.sicfabrications.com

Comment

sound like a wierd sign

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

i wish i had pics of it, but it took so long to make and then i had to paint it that when it was time for it to go i was very glad to let it be gone. i do have a pic of a modified f1 frame and sign for disney in orlando. it has a jumbotron in the "7" the top blank spot. it also gets a fiberglass mickey mouse ear set on top as well. danny (my boss) is putting screws in the face in the last pic.
                        Attached Files
                        welder_one

www.sicfabrications.com

Comment

Welcome Stan,

its good to have you join the board. nice pics you posted
                          looks like you have fun

Welcome

...... Richard

Comment

i do have fun, i didnt enjoy it as much when i welded in the quarries. back then it was just a way to make a fair living.
                            welder_one

www.sicfabrications.com

Comment

let me add to my machine list, now i also have a trailblazer 275 dc, and a 12 vs extreme feeder. i love it!!! i put a bernard q-300 12 gun on the feeder. alot of $$$, wife not happy, but i'll make it back in the end.
                              welder_one

www.sicfabrications.com

Comment

Looks like great / fun work.
                                How did you balance the big fan blades?
                                I like the bridge, looks sturdy.

Cool bar stool, I would love to make one like that.
                                Did you make drawings or just wing it.

g6racer
                                Miller Dynasty 200 DX
                                Miller Spectrum 375 X-TREME

Comment

Working...
                                X