Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electrical plug adapter for Dynasty 200?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical plug adapter for Dynasty 200?

I'm using a dynasty 200 which has a four-prong power plug with a central neutral pin in the middle of the four prongs. Just a twist and turn type plug.

I'm looking for an adapter that will go to a standard 3-prong outlet (220). Just for a short bit of welding, so I'd rather not rewire another plug.

Does anyone know where to find one of these?

Center NEUTRAL?

Maybe you should give us a part number, NEMA configuration, or at least a picture, because I think you are describing it wrongly or it has the wrong configuration installed.

Is it a three-phase plug, or just has too many prongs?

Either way, it'll probably have to be a homemade, or professionally made adapter, probably not something you'll find on the shelf.

Comment

I think you'll have to make one.

Comment

It did not come with a plug from the factory. Somebody else put that on there.
        I would chop that off and start over.

Comment

this same thing was posted last month and i forgot to post pictures of my plugs. i'm going to take some now .i'll be back.

Comment

I'm back. this is how i made my cables so i can hook up to 110 or 220. i used a 4 prong in case i need to hook up to a 3 phase. i can just make another short jumper. i hope this helps
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vin-man welding View Post
              I'm back. this is how i made my cables so i can hook up to 110 or 220. i used a 4 prong in case i need to hook up to a 3 phase. i can just make another short jumper. i hope this helps
              Almost exactly what I went to

Comment

I was going to do that, but should never need 3 phase. So, did the 10/3. The manual says you get a higher duty cycle on single phase if you go to 10 awg.

Comment

If adapting from a 3-phase plug to a single-phase plug, you'll need to know which prong you tied the red wire to so you do not carry that one through the adapter.

Other than that, keep the green on ground, and you pretty much can't screw it up.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
                    If adapting from a 3-phase plug to a single-phase plug, you'll need to know which prong you tied the red wire to so you do not carry that one through the adapter.

Other than that, keep the green on ground, and you pretty much can't screw it up.
                    Exactly...but remembering () I just make it (red) the opposite one and even then if a little unsure just crack it back open and look. Better safe than sorry
                    So far every time I have needed or wanted to use three phase the client had some plug configuration that nobody stocked and I ended up doing something different.

Comment

Must be trying to figger out the center Neutral

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.