Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Used Generator/Welder model AEA-200LE

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Generator/Welder model AEA-200LE

There is a used Miller 200LE with 660 hours on it for sale locally. It has been converted to propane but don't have any other infomation about it.
    Is this a lot of hours? How long do they last? What should I look for in checking it out?

Living in Florida, it seems like a good idea to have a generator on hand anyway, this would kill 2 birds with one stone.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Rush

Miller CP-200 w/3045 spoolgun

I have over 450 hours on my lincoln and it's not a year old yet. I've put over 600 on a trailblazer in less than 6 months. It was also being used as a generator at the time as well, so not all was welding. Actually it's just getting broke in good.

Comment

Rush,
      If you can provide a serial number I can tell you how old the machine is.
      How much are they asking for it? If it is an AEAD 200LE it is a pretty old machine. What I would want to know (especially since it has only 660 hours on it) is when was the last time it was run. I would wonder what kind of shape the engine was in. The fields may need to be flashed.

Back in it's day the AEAD 200LE was a whale of a machine. Unmatched arc characteristics in it's field. Not mutch of a generator 5KVA I think.

Comment

250 hours is almost the same as 3,000 miles on a car. essentially it hasnt even been broke in very good. i have a legend ae/ad 200le. built in '88 and have almost 6,000 hours on it. lots of gas and oil later it still strikes an arc better than the newer ones do(in my opinion).

Comment

Miller Roughneck 2E

In my search I also found locally a Miller Roughneck 2E, serial number JF848371. The specs are almost the same as the 200LE, but the motor is a single cylinder Tecumseh, can't be as good.
          2E: 200A@25volts @ 100% and 7KVA genertor
          200LE: 225A@25volt @100% and 5KVA generator

I think this is a low hours unit, but no hour meter to tell. He hasn't started it in 10 years.
          The guy wants $650 for it with 100 feet of stinger lead and 30 feet of ground.
          What do you think? More generator welding less amps.

Comment

The Roughneck is a 1985 machine.
            The Roughneck is no where near the class of the AEAD 200LE. We are talking Roughneck = VW Rabbit AEAD 200LE = 1968 Chevy Camaro all tricked out.

I know the amperage rating is similar, but arc characteristics it's not even close. Were you able to get the S/N off the AEAD?

Comment

I haven't been able to meet the guy yet with the 200LE. I hope to see him and the machine on Friday.

Comment

miller roughneck

i have a machine with a broken engine is a miller roughneck 2E, i will like to know where i could find a new engine for it, thanks

Comment

For 650 I wouldnt blink, especially with some lead, take it before he changes his mind.

Comment

Miller AEAD 200

JWSRP: Did that machine have the "current jacks" in the front? Are they like TWECO? Heck, for $650, it would be worth it, even if the engine needed rebuilt or replaced. I guess you'll be able to tell more when he gets the serial number for you. Another member showed pictures of an SA-200G Lincoln he got for FREE, took it home, fixed it up, as good as new!

Comment

Thread is from 2007

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.